The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So...What did people think about Twilight?

Go down 
+6
blue_panda_41295
Lady of Shalott
flying free fee
great&terriblebeauty
Rebel Angel
lunarox142
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

So...What did people think about Twilight? Empty
PostSubject: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:32 pm

I saw twilight yesterday and I wanted to know what people thought about the movie?

Here are some of my thoughts. Kristen stewart did an ok job and Robert Pattinson was absolutely amazing!
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:50 pm

I saw it yesterday with one group and say it today with another group XD. I totally loved it and am listening to the soundtrack as we speak!

P.S. who caught Stephenie Meyer sitting in the cafe?

P.S.S. "money, sex, money, sex, cat"
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 10:25 pm

Really? I'll have to go see it again and see if I catch it.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 4:24 pm

For real?

I didn't catch SM in the Cafe...

As for RA's p.p.s. AHAHAHAHA!! - loved that part.

I had very low expectations beause movies are NEVER the book, but I have to say, I did enjoy it.

I didn't get the whole "Edward-can-climb-ginormous-trees" part, or the "spidermonkey" parts...and I didn't like how everything I imagined in my head was totally different in the movie: bella's house, the cullen's house, edward's room, the grandma volvo that is supposed to be super sporty...

but other than that, I was quite impressed!
Back to top Go down
https://theorder.forumotion.net
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 9:22 pm

I totally agreed that their houses weren't how I pictured them at all, but overall they didn't destroy it nearly as much as they could have. At least not compared to harry potter. but then there is also the fact that I've read HP a million times, which doesn't help.
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 9:38 pm

the cullens house was exactly how i pictured it, expect the paint (i pictured) was white for the exterior. Yeah i thought Bella's dad's house would be totally different too. It had been so long since I read the book last so it was basically as if I had never read it. Althugh, I swear there's a scene in the cafeteria were Emmet is CHEWING! (only a nerd would know the signifigance of that lol)
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Yeah, I don't know, the setting was just really wierd for me...

I just had everything in my mind and the pictures didn't match up with my mind...

But I don't think the movie was ruined. I think that if you hadn't read the books, or if you have only read the book once then the movie was pretty good. But if you are "obsessed" with the books then of course the movie isn't going to measure up.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 3:21 pm

Well as you all know, I'm not exactly a fan of the books....

However I thought the movie was ten times better! Edward was less perfect, the humans more likeable and most of the cheesy lines were cut out.

I thought it was really boring most of the time, yet hilarious as well...

I couldn't stop laughing, it was really weird!

Bella seemed cooler too. Less damsel-in-distress. I cheered when she kicked that guy in the balls, it was such a step up. And Bella and Edward's awkwardness seemed more natural as opposed to "ZOMG PERFECT MAN!!11!!!"

I was a little disappointed with the sparkles though. I don't support Prop 8 so I watched it on Youtube and the quality was pretty poor so I missed the sparkles. =(

Over all I'd give it 2/4. Better than the book, but equally as overdramatic and boring.
Back to top Go down
Lady of Shalott
Getting Lost in the Realms
Lady of Shalott

Location : Sitting alone in my room trying to make the door of light appear

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:34 pm

I thought it was great that they kept it mostly chronilogically (sp?) the same, but that also meant it was a little. I didn't really like Kristen as Bella, but the whole cullen family was great. It's sort of annoying how they changed the way Bella discovered Edward's a vampire. Over all, I was a little disapointed in the movie, but I enjoyed watching it.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:58 pm

flying free fee wrote:

I thought it was really boring most of the time, yet hilarious as well...

I couldn't stop laughing, it was really weird!

I couldn't stop, either. Smile It's all about perspective, baby. Some people I know thought it was suspenseful and exciting... and I thought it was anything but
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:11 pm

I still haven't seen it. Razz
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:47 pm

Did anyone notice what it was listed under in most newspapers/critique sites?

Ahem, brace yourselves!

ACTION

SUSPENSE

DRAMA

and

HORROR.

I giggled a little at that too. Not only does it not have any of those things (With the exception of maybe Drama), but isn't it supposed to be a love story? Am I to take it then that not even the producers thought it was romantic? Razz
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:10 am

horror?

psh, YA RIGHT!
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:07 pm

yeah, none of the settings matched up to the pictures I held in my mind. the people did, though.. considering I read the books after all the movie hype, so whenever I read them I pictured the people from the trailers.
Back to top Go down
LandOfDreams
Getting Back Into the Realms
LandOfDreams

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 4:03 pm

I saw SM in the cafe like right away! It was amazing.
And, lol, Rebel Angel, loved the "money, sex, money, sex, cat" part Wink

Horror? Yeah, when I saw that I was kinda skeptical too
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/2Stubborn2GiveUp
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:59 pm

flying free fee wrote:
Did anyone notice what it was listed under in most newspapers/critique sites?

Ahem, brace yourselves!

ACTION

SUSPENSE

DRAMA

and

HORROR.

Oh, my dear Fee! Of course the Horror part was true, don't you know? I mean, SPARKLING VAMPIRES, I almost peed my pants!
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:27 pm

I think the Cullens' house was way different than I had imagined it. I had imagined it more old-fashioned looking, but I liked the graduation caps thing on the wall that the movie people threw in. It made me laugh. The vampiers were good. Edward was amazing! Robert got just the right amount of protectiveness and love mixed together. I didn't like Kristen Stewart at all. They needed a different Bella.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:42 pm

I think I liked Kristin, because I can't stand Bella. I didn't like Robert Pattinson, because he doesn't look dangerous or manacing. Edward is supposed to have SOME kind of danger aura about him... Robert Pattinson just looks like Cedric.
Back to top Go down
LandOfDreams
Getting Back Into the Realms
LandOfDreams

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:44 pm

I'd actually prefer if he looked more like Cedric in the movie that what they had him look like. I personally hated his hair >_> (and I am one in few)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/2Stubborn2GiveUp
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:05 pm

Not TOO few, because I hated his hair, too.
I think he looks better as Cedric, but that doesn't change the fact that he IS Cedric, he just is. I watched Harry Potter the other day, and it was HILARIOUS.
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:22 pm

Okay.. I had NO idea that boy was Cedric until I looked it up online and saw Harry Potter and was like, nowai! I think it looks nothing like him, unless you're aware he played Cedric and are looking for it.. but idk.

I think he's so hotter as Edward..
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:02 pm

I didn't like his hair very much either. My friend had never seen the Harry Potter that he's in, so she came over and we watched it. At first, she's like, "Does Cedric die?" And I said, "Noooo..." silent But I lied. I just didn't want to ruin the ending for her.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:16 am

I think he looks WAY better as Cedric, except that he looks too young. I think as Edward he looks to arrogant... Although Edward is pretty arrogant ANYWAY... I just think Robert Pattinson makes him look more so.
Back to top Go down
Lady of Shalott
Getting Lost in the Realms
Lady of Shalott

Location : Sitting alone in my room trying to make the door of light appear

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 8:38 pm

Felicity Worthington wrote:
I didn't like his hair very much either. My friend had never seen the Harry Potter that he's in, so she came over and we watched it. At first, she's like, "Does Cedric die?" And I said, "Noooo..." silent But I lied. I just didn't want to ruin the ending for her.
I might have belived you if you hadn't been talking about it at school earlier. Wink
Anyway, a few days ago Fee and I watched the movie with another friend, and I think it took us over two hours to get through it becuase we kept puasing it and pointing out everything wrong with it. Some of things things we came up with were... interesting. Our friend theorized that Edward is the Phantom of the Opera. lol! I think that proves our obsession with that musical. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:43 pm

[quote="Lady of Shalott"]
Felicity Worthington wrote:
Our friend theorized that Edward is the Phantom of the Opera. lol! I think that proves our obsession with that musical. Rolling Eyes

You should meet my friend... My gosh, she's crazily obsessed with the Phantom of the Opera... Just don't mention the whole Edward thing, she'd undoubtedly kill you slowly and painfully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So...What did people think about Twilight?   So...What did people think about Twilight? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So...What did people think about Twilight?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Order :: Spence-
Jump to: