The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Questions about the Realms

Go down 
+7
blue_panda_41295
great&terriblebeauty
Lady Hope
melanie
kitty
Tegan
hayweh
11 posters
AuthorMessage
hayweh

General Questions about the Realms Empty
PostSubject: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 10:59 am

I have a couple things I have been wondering, and I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

1)Can the members of the Order access the realms from anywhere in the world or just at Spence?

2) Are there limits to the magic? Or is it just completely unstructured?

Theres so many things that I want to know about the realms!!!
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

Location : HUG A TREE! Kartik! *wishing it was my name in the wind!

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:15 am

I think anywhere, they entered in London in RA and in AGATB she was at the phyices
as for 2 i will awncer when i am done TSFT
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:24 pm

Quote :

I think that as long as the weilder has the ability to preform the task they should be able to preform it, making it as limited as the weilder comprehends.- but the magic only does what you ask of it not what you imply, think back to RA when Gem tries to cure her dad.
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:24 pm

hayweh wrote:
1)Can the members of the Order access the realms from anywhere in the world or just at Spence?

*TSFT spoilers*

This is what I was wondering. I believe at the end of TSFT Gemma was traveling to America and was telling people in the realms she wouldn't be seeing them for a while. But I figured if she was able to access the realms anywhere, couldn't she go whenever she pleases over in America?

Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 2:52 pm

Well yeah but would you want to go back to the place that has just gone through a major war that cost you your beloved? ~good explanation by the way Mel. Razz
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:27 am

kitty wrote:
Well yeah but would you want to go back to the place that has just gone through a major war that cost you your beloved? ~good explanation by the way Mel. Razz

Yeah, that makes sense. I don't know. I'd probably spend all my time crying at the tree.

Thanks, btw. =]
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:30 am

Welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Hope
In the Gardens
Lady Hope

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Yeah, i agree. If i was Gemma, I wouldnt want to return to the Realms for a while!
Back to top Go down
http://www.almost-famous01.piczo.com
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:10 pm

me neither!
Back to top Go down
https://theorder.forumotion.net
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:17 pm

Here's what I THINK might be the answer to your questions...

Yes, they can. I know that Felicity, Ann, and Gemma accessed the realms while in London multiple times.

The magic can't heal, and it's just an illusion, it doesn't last long and can't make the real thing.
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:32 pm

But remember there was only one entrace in TSFT: The East Wing. (Or maybe I'm confused, I haven't read that book in forever)
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:18 pm

Rebel Angel wrote:
But remember there was only one entrace in TSFT: The East Wing. (Or maybe I'm confused, I haven't read that book in forever)

Actually, ya. In TSFT there was only one entrance throughout the book, but towards the end when Gemma, Felicity, Ann, Kartik, Miss McCleethy, and Mr. Fowlson are going into the Realms to kill the Tree of All Souls, they get trapped in the East Wing and Gemma is able to call upon the door of light by herself. I'd completely forgotten about that until I read it for the second time. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lady of Shalott
Getting Lost in the Realms
Lady of Shalott

Location : Sitting alone in my room trying to make the door of light appear

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:46 pm

I think they can enter the realms from anywhere, otherwise what would be the point of the door of light? I think the reason there was only one entrance in TSFT was just becuase Gemma couldn't focus.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:16 pm

Good observation, I agree!
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:13 pm

The magic can be accessed anywhere.
When you enter the realms, do you go in body and mind or just one or the other?
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:22 pm

Hmm... That's an interesting thought, especially since what happened to Pippa. I've always wondered the same thing. I think they might go in in both body and mind (mind of course) but when something happens there, the body comes back with who took you there. Of course I really can't be sure at all, but that's just a guess...
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:05 pm

I think you go just in mind...but while you are in the realms, your body experiences what you do to it.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:58 pm

That's a good idea. I just thought it was always a little contradictory with McCleethy dying in there and then Nell Hawkins' body being in a trance while she was in the realms.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:01 pm

Ya... YA! You're right, they all thought Nell had gone into a coma or something when Circe took her there... But McCleethy died. Maybe if you die in the realms, you just dissappear... It is a little contradictory, you're right.
Back to top Go down
For They Must Have Hope
In India
For They Must Have Hope

Location : On the couch trying to call up the majic and make the realms appear

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:11 am

If I was Gemma I would try to change things. Try to get Kartik back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Questions about the Realms   General Questions about the Realms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Questions about the Realms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Order :: Spence :: Discussion-
Jump to: