The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

inspirational quotes!

Go down 
+4
kitty
Lady Hope
great&terriblebeauty
melanie
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

inspirational quotes! Empty
PostSubject: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:01 pm

so, everyone has random quotes, phrases, ideas, opinions in their heads.. why not voice them?

I have to say:

I think something needs to be done about the situation in Darfur.
Too many people are uneducated about it. After the Holocaust, we vowed Never Again, but it's happening.. and no one cares.

also, I love this quotes:

"Recording what we've done, in words, on paper.. it's got to be our way of telling ourselves that we matter. That the things we've done have made a difference. I don't know how big a difference, but a difference. Writing it down means we might be remembered. And by God, that matters to us. None of us wants to end up as a pile of dead white bones.. unnoticed, unkown, and worst of all, with no one knowing or appreciating the risks we've run." - Tomorrow, When the War Began - John Marsden.

*note: your post needn't be as opinionated or depressing as melanie's. XD
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:40 pm

I totally agree with you mel, but I think that we should focus on AFRICA as a whole, not just Darfur. Darfur is bad, but so are a lot of other countries in Africa.

There are food problems, water problems, clothing problems, HIV/AIDS, almost everything that could go wrong, has/will go wrong.

WE have to do something about it.

And not say, "We will do somthing, just not today, maybe tomorrow"

I like giving money to mosquito net charities...

I was thinking about this up coming year, how I am going to be graduating and moving out, and I found this great quote thing...

We picked up our caps and gowns and all that senior stuff that's supposed to help us remember the good 'ole days, but some of the things that you remember most can't be put on paper. That day finally came, and you sat there with all of the friends that you have made over the years, you looked at your family and deep down you knew that this was a once in a lifetime moment. It was the last time in your life that these people would be together in one place. Yeah there would be reunions, but there was always that chance that one person couldn't make it there. You looked back on your time with these people and realized that it was short lived and that it didn't seem as if there was for everything you wanted to accomplish, sports, activities, SAT, ACT, and all that good stuff. They called your name, your tassle got turned, and you got a piece of paper that said you were smart. Then you said good-bye, maybe to your town, and that school and your friends. You know that you can go back to visit, but there will be strangers in the halls and it's not the same. It's different, and you're different. But it's not the end. In fact, everything is just the beginning
Back to top Go down
https://theorder.forumotion.net
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:47 pm

I agree about the whole of Africa thing, you're totally right. Something should be done.

It makes me sick sometimes. I believe it was J.Lo who was recently quoted talking about how her children would only wear designer clothes, and only wear them once. It's horrible.

Also, I really like your quote. =]

I'm only a junior.. but I still can't believe how fast it's going. Next year will be my last summer.. and then I'll be going off to college for who knows what. It's kind of scary, but I'm really excited.

And, kind of in the spirit of graduation:

"To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: Leave No Stone Unturned." - Edward Bulwer Lytton
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:53 pm

Oh boy, I love that quote! I am going to add it to my page of quotes that I have...

Have you heard of Invisible Childern? Oh man, it just makes me want to cry and throw up at the same time just thinking of it....

You would hope that someone as influencial as J.Lo would be the type of person to go to wal mart or something...maybe she will have her kids wear the outfits once and then she will send them to Africa for all the kids there! *crosses fingers*

Another qupte for getting ready to move on...

We’re heading off to start our real lives. To me that is awe-inspiring, but it is also the single scariest thought in the world. ~The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:00 pm

Definately! It makes me sick to think of stuff like that. Ever see that MTV show Sweet 16? It's horrible..

I wish I could start a group against genocide but I fear I wouldn't be able to find anyone.

I think it is the genocide intervention network who does this great thing, they have a day called darfurfast, where you take the money that you would normally spend and save it to donate. Like, say you buy lunch at school everyday, or go to idk.. McDonalds or something or buy a coffee at WaWa everyday, you take all this money and save it up.

Also, you can vote for Adam Sterling for the Do Something awards.. all nominees got $10,000 I think and the winner gets $100,000 for their cause or something.. Adam was in the documentary Darfur Now.
http://www.dosomething.org/awards

"Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true." -Leon J Suenes.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:09 pm

*gag*

Super Sweet 16 DISGUSTS me. "Daddy, all I want is a BMW! It's NOT FAIR!!!"

I want to tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

What do you have to lose if you start the group? Who knows, maybe it can start off like one of these sites, (I could even help you set it up) and it would just grow a little bit at a time, until someday, you can set up a charity fund, and start helping....

"Life is a bitter cup in which we are all forced to drink"
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:13 pm

yeah, actually.. I've been telling my dad that I want to start a website. maybe it could start like this, just news and stuff.. someday, who knows, donations? I could get AdSense.. idk.

it's just.. so many people don't care.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:17 pm

I doubt that.

most people just aren't educated about it.

if they knew what was happening, then how could they not help?

Life is too short for chess
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:20 pm

because they're selfish.

my dad is a firm believer that we need to help our own country first, they got themselves into that mess, we can hardly afford to take care of ourselves, our country spends too much money and effort on other people when we have too many problems here..

idk =\

but would you like to help me set up a board or something?
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:28 pm

YEAH!

Sure!

I love setting up boards...

do you want to PM me with your ideas so we don't take space up here?
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:29 pm

sure :]
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:29 pm

oops, forgot my quote...

Girls are like apples...the best ones are at the top of the trees. The boys don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples that are on the ground that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think there is something wrong with them, when, in reality, they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right boy to come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree...
Back to top Go down
Lady Hope
In the Gardens
Lady Hope

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 4:28 pm

You guys are so going to Heaven!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.almost-famous01.piczo.com
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:52 pm

cheers

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 4:26 pm

wow, I just read this story. it made me want to cry.. =\

http://www.newsweek.com/id/147790/page/1

how do you guys feel about it?
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 9:11 pm

Only in America.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 9:13 pm

True that.

That is heart breatking.

"Dig a hole, lable it love"
Back to top Go down
Lady Hope
In the Gardens
Lady Hope

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:03 pm

"Suicide Hotline... Please Hold"
Back to top Go down
http://www.almost-famous01.piczo.com
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 5:57 pm

that reminds me of achmed the dead terrorist....not the right topic for this thread!

"what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger"
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:16 am

wow, I just found a humungo page of fantastasmic quotes...

Zack: OW! Papercut! Kiss it Mr. Moseby?
Mr. Moseby: You can't even see it.
Zack: You can't see a broken heart either,
but it still hurts.

-The Suite Life of Zack and Cody-
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:21 am

to all of us virgin lips out there...

inspirational quotes! Kiss
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:27 am

Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of second-rate version of somebody else..

You don't go to high school to find your groom, you go to find your bridesmaids!

Just because somebody flirts with you, doesn't mean they like you. just because somebody likes you, doesn't mean they want to go out with you. just because somebody wants to go out with you, doesn't mean they love you. just because somebody loves you, doesn't mean they won't hurt you. because people lie, things change. boyfriends cheat, best friends ditch. and there are always going to be those people who would kill to see you fall

Live every moment, love every day, `cause before you know it, precious time slips away
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:29 am

Isn't it funny how when you want it the most, you can't have it and when you have it, you don't care and once you lose it, you'd do anything to get it back?

The only rule is don`t be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in.

I don't have friends. I have enemies. So if you roll with me, your considered family
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:31 am

You think you know who your true friends are? wait till high school & see who's there for you when your ex boyfriend spreads rumors about you. Think you'll never do drugs? Wait till it's right there in front of you & all your "friends" are doing it. Think your tough? Wait till you say the wrong thing to the wrong person-see who backs down first. Think you're smart? Wait till you have an English paper, science project, history test & a 10 minute monologue due tomorrow cause you were absent for 1 day. Think you're cool? wait till you're the only one who doesn't make the sports team, see how cool you are then. you think you're popular? Wait till your parents can't afford the new Hollister jeans everyone has. Think you'll never fall in love? Wait till a guy looks deep in your eyes & says he loves you. Think you'll never get your heart broken? wait till that same guy who said he loved you is holding another girl behind your back. Think you won't have sex? Wait till the guy you think you love says it'll make you closer. Think "nothing's going to happen to you"? Yea wait till you're sitting in a jail cell, wondering how you got caught. Think that you're always going to be your own individual? Well wait till one morning when you look in the mirror & you're just like everybody else
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:32 am

My theory is that if you look confident ; you can pull off anything ; even if you have no clue what you’re doing

dance like nobodys watching,
sing like nobodys listening
live like there's no tomorrow
work like you dont need the money
laugh like youre insane
love like youve never been hurt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: inspirational quotes!   inspirational quotes! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down