The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Empty
PostSubject: Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)   Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:22 am

Moly snot and bucking blue blazes, what the hell!!???

I thougt BD would've been better than that. It stared off fine and everything, it sounded like Stephenie Meyer, with the complicated lingo with angst and whatnot. Wedding. . .honeymoon. . .and then. . .

OH MY WORD ON WHOLE WHEAT TOAST! BELLA'S PREGGO!

Ahh! Grr! Hiss!!
Fanfiction will be in an uproar.

And then it was Stephenie, running on red bull to meet her publishing deadline.

Ok fine she's pregnant, with a possible deamon killing machine like that red eyed toddler like in her dreams. Yeah woo.
JPOV was quite entertaining, but by the time they started calling the baby "the fetus" I swear I was about to break by oath on literary violence, and chuck it across the room. It got better tho. I liked the fact that they gave Leah a personality and 3-demensions this time, and let her be something other than a bitter shrew.
I'm glad that Bella was abnornal for a newborn, It kept her Bella through the last part of the book with alla the fighting and preperations for the big smackdown.

When she finally got to see her babe, awww! Ness was adorable throughout the rest of the book.

It didn't feel like the end. It makes my want another book, so I can love all of the books in this series again. *sigh* Midnight Sun awaits.

It made me laugh a little and say aww when Jacob imprinted on Nessie. It least he finally will get to be happy for a change.

So, yeah, BD could've been better, and it's not just the events people, it's the way they flowed through the book, but I'll still give it four stars. I think I'm going to read it again and it might just taste better the second time, but who knows.

Ack!! Sorry! That is lloonngg!
Back to top Go down
LOxKatexVE
Going to Spence
LOxKatexVE

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)   Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:48 pm

ERGH omg I don't even want to talk about it. I started screaming at pg 360. He can't imprint on Ness! The whole book was just way weird. I was majorly disappointed up to Book 3, when I started to get over it and enjoy it. But ugh...there was no sex scene. Hello, im gonna kill myself. I have been anticipating that for forever. and they take it away from me. Where is the justice? UGh
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)   Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:24 pm

Stephenie explained after TW came out that it is againced her faith to have a "sex scene". Razz
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)   Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:34 pm

I haven't finished it yet, but I am on the last few pages.

I will explain my morning adventures.

I wake up in Omaha Nebraska, ready to fly home at 5:00 am...we get to the airport, and I am hoping with every electron in me that there is a store open, with Breaking Dawn.

I come up an escelator and I see Hudson News open.

My breath catches in my throat...

I see a Twilight display...

I ALMOST scream.

I sprint up the remaining escelator steps that haven't already disappeared from view, and I sprint to the book display, dropping everything I have hauled over the country in the middle of the airport.

People are looking at me like I am crazy, and I am grinning like a chesire cat.

I buy it and I have not put it down...

Well, that is kinda a lie, I had to mow the lawn and I am taking a break from reading to do this, so...BUT after this I am continuing on!

FIRST OF ALL.

Bella's eggo is preggo?!
WHAT THE HELL?
That shocked me in my seat.

SECOND OF ALL.

This "fetus" as every one so annoyingly called it, is a demon spwan, killing bella from the inside out...she might not live....but there is still half a book to be read, so OF COURSE she lives through it.

THIRD OF ALL.

Jacob IMPRINTS on Nessie?!
I *scarcastically* DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING.

FOURTH OF ALL.

Bella can some how magically conrol herself from the instant she is "reborn". okay.......

But I still like it.

I think it is better than Eclipse BY FAR.

sunny
Back to top Go down
https://theorder.forumotion.net
LOxKatexVE
Going to Spence
LOxKatexVE

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)   Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:20 am

It's against my religion, too. But i still wanted it to happen!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)   Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 5:03 pm

I don't think that the sex scene religiously was the problem, I think it was just the fact that they are YA books and the editors didn't think that detailed sex was quite appropriate for the younger viewers.

I wasn't very surprised with the pregnancy or Bella's gifts at all... I didn't know it ahead of time like "I'm guessing randomly that Bella will have a baby and this and this and this will happen" but it seemed just like the unpredictably-predictable thing that Stephenie would throw in something like that.

It was weird for me that Bella was a mom though. She didn't even seem like the same person from the beginning of Breaking Dawn and seriously... This was supposed to be Bella?!?!

Loved Jacob. Always loved Jacob. Edward is... a little higher up now that he's lost the safety measures. tongue
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)   Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:24 am

From The Twilight Lexicon~The Q & A Session at the BYU Symposium February 2007 wrote:
Some people felt like since the book is a romance and the main characters are 17, there should be sex in the books, because “sex sells.” Stephenie said that she tried to explain that that wasn’t “practical”, because of the whole human/vampire thing. Plus, she felt like Bella and Edward are both very innocent, and sex would change them in the wrong ways.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)   Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:09 am

Yeah but they did have sex in Breaking Dawn. I just meant that when they did have sex, that was the reason they didn't go into detail.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)   Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:28 pm

I know that there are people out there who are mad at SM for not putting a sex scene in the book, but there are little kids reading these books, kids wayyy too young to be reading a sex scene.

I did not like how bella was a completely different person after having Nessie and being changed. I don't think that either of those things call for a different personality. Sure, change is inevitable, but the change bella went through was unrealistic seeming.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)   Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:00 pm

Yeah.

If you think about it though... She's a vampire now.
(Mostly)Everything's Worked Out For Her:
- She's beautiful
- She's graceful
- It's obvious that Edward loves her
- The situation with Jacob is resolved
- She has an amazing mental gift that can stop even the Volturi from getting her
- They're finally allies with the wolves
- She has the perfect family she's always wanted
- She's no longer breakable
- There's no one else around but the people she loves (not counting that JJ guy or the Volturi)
- She's the perfect vampire

And what else would she possibly have to bitch about or worry about or fall into or whatever else Bella used to do that we liked?

And speaking of bitching and Twilight...

I must get this out before I go insane.

THESE BOOKS ARE NOTHING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF IS THE BIG DEAL? THEY ARE NOT THE NEXT HARRY POTTER. THEY ARE NOT REALISTIC. Sure they are good but that's it. Just good.
Have any of these so called "Twilighters" and "Twi-hards" ever picked up any other piece of literature? SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. NOTHING AMAZING.
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)   Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:23 pm

Everyone is intitled to their own opinions Fee. Neutral

Yes they are not the 'best' out there, but Twilight is a well written teen read. And out of the teen vampire novels I've read in the past years the books written by Stephenie Meyer are almost as great as Amelia Atwater Rhodes' which are amazing. I have read other peices of literature Fee, thank you very much, and because of that, Harry Potter isn't even in my top 10 favorite book/series list. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)   Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:05 pm

Ugh. I am growing to really hate the Twilight series. Sorries for any offense taken, Kitty.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)   Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:08 pm

I just got your 5th amendment statement...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)   Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breaking Dawn (spoilers, beware)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Order :: Spence-
Jump to: