The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Empty
PostSubject: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:09 pm

Any one ever read them? I think they're awesome. I'd describe more in detail but I don't want to spoil if none of you have read them.I love you

So... Anyone?

Last edited by flying free fee on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Love them!

I can't wait to get my hands on City of Glass! Razz
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 6:27 pm

SPOILERS....

-----------------------

Can you believe it about Clary and Jace? I threw the book across the room at the end of City of Ashes. It's horrible. I don't care if it's incest, I want them to be together. Crying or Very sad

And the cookies on Cassandra Clare's Myspace are frightening. Jace making out with Alec? Simon in jail? Clary with that new guy Sebastian?

My theory is that Clary blew up the place where her father was supposed to have died with her runes power thing.

Something doesn't quite add up with the story given about Jocelyn fleeing with Clary while pregnant, especially because Clary and Jace both have Valentine's falling star mark on their shoulders.

But what did the Inquisator whisper to Jace on the boat? That's what I'm wondering about. I hope it wasn't one of those "you'll be the death of her" warnings like what Amar gave Kartik. Sigh.

I don't know. What do you think is going to happen?
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Spoiler

I don't think that Clary and Jace are siblings. Sebastian may be her brother tho. . . for the rest . . . I havn't read her cookies. ^^

I know if I do I'll start angsting about what may happen. ^^
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:01 pm

I absolutely love them too!

Spoilers

My theory is that they are not actually brother and sister because there was that thing that the Inquisitor whispered and the seelie queen saying "do you know what blood runs through your veins?"
I think it is definitely important because it would explain why Simon didn't die in the sunlight, because he Jace's weird blood (valentine saying do you know what you have done?!) instead of normal vampire blood.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:06 am

SPOILERS

A lot of people don't think Clary and Jace are brother and sister either but I wouldn't put it past the author to surprise us with something like that. And didn't the seelie queen also say that they were? And Valentine? Why on earth would Valentine keep Jace if he wasn't his own son? He doesn't seem the type to take someone in out of the goodness of his heart. And that they both somehow have the star mark on their shoulders.

I hope it has a happy ending but I'm scared for Clary and Jace. I don't want Simon, Sebastian or Alec getting in the way of their relationship.

Sebastian already sounds suspicious to moi. Spy for Valentine maybe? And why does he have wings on the cover?

Cassandra also said that one of the Lightwoods was going to die. I'm thinking probably Alec because everyone would get upset and want to avenge him, etc.
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 6:50 pm

Spoilers

For the valentine thing, i got the impression that clary and jace were his experiments which is why he was "fatherly" to jace. idk, i guess i was thinking along the lines of if they are experiments can they be brother and sister, like does that work? it doesn't really make sense in words but it does in my head!
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 9:27 pm

I think I'll just edit the topic post to say CONTAINS SPOILERS since if anyone's scrolled down this far, they'd probably be spoiled already.

Anyway... I reread City of Ashes today and noted a few things. First, that the Inquisitor went through a wicked personality change after she saw that scar on Jace's shoulder. She recognized it immediately and it is that scar which makes her give her life for him, finally believing that he's been telling the truth all along. Until I reread that particular section, I was under the impression that the star was Valentine's mark. But if it was, that would only confirm her theory of him being in league with his father the whole time.
The second thing I noticed was that when the Seelie queen talks to Jace, she says he has "the Angel's own gift." What was the Angel's gift? Well... It was blood, right? Blood of the Angel to create the Shadowhunters? Blood, light, etc. Simon is now a vampire who can withstand sunlight because of Jace's blood. Jace has taken the damned and... Well I'm not even sure what he's done. One might argue that the sun being God's gift and killing the unholy creatures would be freeing them so to speak (if you were religious... no offense if you don't believe in God) but he's basically aiding the darkness by giving them protection against... his own race. Sorry if that's confusing. Just musing here. tongue Maybe he just drank too much from the mortal cup as a child-- who knows?

A third thing, before I forget, is the timeline of the Uprising. Well, not the actual event precisely but the time surrounding it. We know that Jocelyn definately had a son and that most people believed him dead with Valentine in their burned manor. Then the story gets a little hazy. Luke claims that Jocelyn was a few months pregnant with Clary when they left Idris and that Valentine didn't know. Some other things he's said hint that he knows more but he's reluctant to share any of it with Clary. Maryse says she planned on leaving little Alec with Joselyn during the Uprising. So she wasn't expected to attend anyway? And if we know that the second child is Clary (Valentine is very specific when he discusses this with her) then who was the first kid? Everyone assumes that the kid was named Jonathan, but are we really even sure what happened to him? Valentine however, in City of Ashes, is more than happy to taunt her with the fact that he knew her mother planned on leaving and that she'd told him it was because her first child had already turned into a monster. She responds with "I'm not a monster and neither is Jace!" or something along the lines of that. Seemingly preoccupied, he answers "I wasn't talking about--" before Simon and Jace burst into the room and cut him off. So he wasn't talking about...? Jace? Meaning that Jace is not, in fact, the first child?

OH! And before I forget, tying basically all these things together, is what the Inquisitor says before she notices Jace's scar; she mentions absentmindedly about how she'd thought a parent would do anything for their children. She is shocked in the fact that even Valentine could care less about his kid than himself and this prompts her to search for something unknown in his face and on his ripped clothes. It seems to me that she still believes he'd do anything for his son-- if Jace were his son. So... She suddenly believes that he's not his son... Because he didn't care if Jace died?

Sorry if I'm confusing. I tend to think in weird ways. =)

But anyway, assuming for a moment that Jace is NOT related to Clary and/or Valentine (Though I could argue for the other side as well-- I think we've been given enough evidence of this), whose child is he? Is he really Jonathan Wayland? Or could he be someone not even considered in the books, someone that the Inquisitor would willingly give her life for because she was his flesh and blood? Her son Stephen married -- I think we can safely assume given the character's reaction -- Luke's sister but Valentine broke this up because he despised anything to do with his former friend. He told Stephen to marry an eighteen year old girl named Celine instead. She was eight months pregnant when Stephen died. She slit her wrists (Cassandra has confirmed this on Google Groups) and died as well. Can a baby still live at eight months? Could Valentine have done something to the child to make it grow?

Now once again, the timeline could be off because we know Stephen died during the Uprising and that's when Jocelyn fled but if Jace was not quite a year, but at least a few months older than Clary, this could be the case, couldn't it?

Sigh. I'm rambling, I know. I haven't even started on this Sebastian character... I just feel like I'm kind of onto something and I want to discuss it. Don't mind me. tongue
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:40 pm

Cassandra has announced most of the calender for her signings! Weee! =D

[[linka!]]

Last edited by kitty on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:52 pm

MY GOD.

I love these books!

WOOOOOO

and I will just smile and nod with all of the previous posts...

CANT WAIT FOR CITY OF GLASS
Back to top Go down
https://theorder.forumotion.net
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:42 pm

D<

Waaaaaaaaahhhhh! I can't go to the sighing!

I'm going to be wit the band in Flordia.

*le sigh*

Oh wells. .
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:03 pm

with the band?
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Yeah. afro

I'm in a band.

But, er. . . it's a marching band. ^^

We're going to march in one of the parades in Disney and have a workshoppe thingy with some of the people that do the music for the movies.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:07 pm

ohhh

RIGHT

can't believe I forgot that...

sorry Embarassed
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:43 pm

x]

It's ok! ^^
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:14 pm

Okay, who's read City of Glass?
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:01 pm

not I.

so I will go away until I have Razz
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:30 am

Hopefully soon. Razz
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Ah, okay. *runs off to Pandemonium forums to discuss it there*
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:38 pm

I've read it now! I read it all while on the plane to and from Paris.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Was it SOSOSOSOSOSOSO good?

[that's all I want to know =)]
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:41 pm

I haven't even read City of Bones yet. Sad I never listen to spoiler warnings... What a dork. Razz When I'm done with Graceling and To Kill a Mockingbird, I'm DETERMINED to get it somewhere - from the library or Amazon.

Goodbye all, I'm too scared to read any more, I don't want to spoil it too bad, although I read ahead in books... Just like my grandma. The only book I've ever ruined for myself was The Luxe, by reading the last page. I didn't like that anyway, so it was OK.
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:49 pm

OhEmmGee!

I've finished CoG!

AAAAHhhh!
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:21 pm

Just like to let you all know - Stephenie Meyer likes Mortal Instruments. I'm going to hold off on them for a while. Smile

You're all asking yourselves the same things, How do I know this? Why do I care if she likes it?

I was at my LOVELY local Costco, where they had City of Bones, City of Glass, etc. They were the paperback versions, so of course they had praise of sorts on the front, back, etc. HOWEVER, on the front, the ONLY quote, smack dab in the middle, was a quote from her about how BEAUTIFUL the world was, how she LOVED to live in it.

Now, with most authors, I wouldn't mind. But with HER, I definitely do. Why? Because people would think I'm buying it because her name is on the front.

I honestly don't care what people think about me - most of the time. But if there's one thing I can't stand, it's false assumptions and judgements. Of course the cashier probably wouldn't say anything, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't think it. I do NOT want to be caught up in that mayhem, even if I don't like it.

Maybe I'll get a Hardcover or from the Library, and see what happens. Smile

Whew! That was a pretty long reply... I need a life Razz
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:39 pm

*Sprays Febreeze ceremoniously while doing a Mexican hat dance*

I did it!!! I got City of Bones today at the library! Better late than never, right? I'm only 30 pages into it, and I still have to finish the Maze Runner, BUT I got it. I'm so proud, I just might do a waltz. Or learn how to, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!   Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers!  Announcement! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortal Instruments~Beware of Spoilers! Announcement!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Order :: Spence-
Jump to: