The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

procrastination....

Go down 
+5
lunarox142
kitty
blue_panda_41295
Tegan
Rebel Angel
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

procrastination.... Empty
PostSubject: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:07 pm

So I have a paper due at midnight tonight. It's 9 and I have two paragraphs done. Can't even begin to focus. Anyone have that going on right now?
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

Location : HUG A TREE! Kartik! *wishing it was my name in the wind!

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:16 pm

kinda due 2mmrow morning i got drunk and wrote it... could you do that? it helps
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:16 pm

pm me your msn or yahoo if you have it... we can talk!
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:00 pm

Tegan wrote:
kinda due 2mmrow morning i got drunk and wrote it... could you do that? it helps

wait, what? lol maybe if it was for an easy class, but this is AP Lang & Comp, so kinda gots to be good lol
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:01 pm

oh mine was AP English
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:58 pm

Why was it due at midnight?
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:20 pm

you email them in to the teachers. deadline hand it in the next day... i am guessing it was due that day but teacher said get it to me by mindnight
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:25 pm

Nope, turnitin.com, you turn it your paper and it checks for plagerism and your techer grades it online there. I've one had a teacher tell us right before winter break '07-'08 its due before 2008, so while everyone else was counting down, I was clicking frantically trying to submit my frikin paper lol.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:26 pm

email turn it in same thing.

see i have to do both & a hard print copy. its a pain in the butt
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:30 pm

Very unfortunate, we always use turnitin.com for the bigger more important papers and just hand it in for the easy simple ones.
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 8:21 pm

Ack. I have a persuasive essay due Thursdayand a humongo non-fiction lit project due the next day for AE 10 and a paper about myself written in French for French 3 on Monday. ^^

I don't want to do any of it. :[
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 9:10 pm

I just got a quick essay assigned for tonight about boy soliders and our opinions on them. Yesterday's was on the history of homlessness and why it's important for today.

Kitty, aren't persuasive essays always fun? *sarcastic* lol I a fence sitter myself when it comes to those, but as my sophmore hon english teacher would say,"Never sit on the fence, you'll get a hemroid."
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 10:45 pm

It's been awhile since we have done an essay, but we will have to do one this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:11 am

I got a test tommrow. dont want to study. i need to though
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:18 pm

I don't usually mind doing essays. I put them off until the night before, write them in about an hour, and manage to get an A on them. idk how.. it's like with the FCATs, all the persuasive essays.. and HORRIBLE topics. like, "persuade the school board to buy a better lunch." okay.. that would be considered good compared to what we usually have to write, though. and it's 5 paragraphs.. normal essay. in each paragraph I usually just restate what I said in the previous paragraph in a different format, and still get a 4/5 or 5/5 on it.. idk how people grade them @_@
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:43 pm

I don't miss those standerd five paragraphs at all. The write a bunch of randomly sized paragraphs essays are so much easier. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:44 pm

my teacher still want them.

not for final but basiclly weekly essays he does
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:28 pm

Rebel Angel wrote:
I don't miss those standerd five paragraphs at all. The write a bunch of randomly sized paragraphs essays are so much easier. Smile

Lucky you! We're stuck writing the block 5 and if we don't have a crystal clear thesis statement my English teacher goes bonkers.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:56 pm

ack

I have a ginormous research paper due in march...and my teacher is giving us forever to work on it...

not a very good idea because I will wait until the last minute to do it...

I don't really like my topic...we can pick anything we want to do the research paper on (I picked Dante's Inferno) but other people are doing fun stuff, like Harry Potter, and Jane Austin...

I want a new idea but I can't think of anything good.

any ideas?
Back to top Go down
https://theorder.forumotion.net
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:39 pm

I had to write a research paper on a marine science topic. I chose the effects of global warming on manatees, then asked if I could make a website instead. my teacher said sure, and I got a 100.. the only in all of her classes, I think.

so idk.. think of a different way to present your topic and ask.. there's no harm in it =]
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:28 pm

Is it limited to books? Last year we had this seven page term paper we had to do. We got to pick any topic as long as it had somthing to do with US History, oh and we had to argue somthing about it. My thesis was somthing along the lines of"The extreme loss of live of Titanic was due to human errors and other avoidable situations." After I was done, I never wanted to hear about that damn ship again.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 1:50 am

No, we can do it on anything, anyone, etc. Just as long as it isn't American...
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:15 am

how bout something canadaian.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:13 pm

like what?
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:51 pm

You can steal my thesis since it's technically world. Or or, you could do somthing on a random revolution, those are always fun lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: procrastination....   procrastination.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

procrastination....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Order :: Spence-
Jump to: