The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

end of the world?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

end of the world? Empty
PostSubject: end of the world?   end of the world? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:33 pm

has anyone seen knowing?

I saw it, and then decided to take a look on the website. there's a page that has things like asteroids etc and 'could it happen here?' (http://knowing-themovie.com/ then click follow the numbers)

so I saw one that said there will be an asteroid in 2029. I wondered if this was true and found this article: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/asteroid_risk_041224.html

but I felt better when I realized that was from 2004, and has since been updated.. read this article: http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2005/13may_2004mn4.htm

so I was just wondering,

what are you guys thoughts on the 'end of the world'?
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

end of the world? Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   end of the world? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:44 pm

I think the world will end if and when it wants to. Nuff said.

It was supposed to end in 2000. It's supposed to end in 2012 (Or is it 2013?) Anyway, there's always SOMETHING to be scared of... Live in the present and enjoy life, and you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
ErinInWonderland
In India
ErinInWonderland

end of the world? Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   end of the world? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 5:26 pm

yeah..its 2012.
but i totally a agree with you.
they said it with y2k. and i think its a bit silly..many times people have said the world is going to end at this point or at that point..and how many times has it happened?
i think its silly.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

end of the world? Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   end of the world? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 6:58 pm

I don't believe in it, but that doesn't stop me from being scared of it. affraid
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

end of the world? Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   end of the world? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:33 am

yeah. it's kind of scary to think about, but I don't put too much value in it. I studied with the Jehovah's Witnesses (not to target any specific religion, I'm not against them in any way, this is just what they say) and they've been saying for YEARS the end of the world is coming. I'm like, your great grandparents thought it would end before you were even born, who's to say it will end in my generation?

idk, but everyone is entitled to their beliefs :]
Back to top Go down
ErinInWonderland
In India
ErinInWonderland

end of the world? Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   end of the world? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:01 pm

^yes! people have being saying it for hundreds of years and it hasnt happened. i think its just another one of those scares.

blue_panda_41295 wrote:
I don't believe in it, but that doesn't stop me from being scared of it. affraid
i agree...yeah.
the thought of the world ending is scary.
i think 2012 thing is silly.
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

end of the world? Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   end of the world? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:33 pm

I completely agree with BP too. I think the part that scares me the most is that even though the world should have ended a million times already, it was the Mayans who predicted the 2012 apocalypse and they accurately predicted the fall of their own empire, so I don't know.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

end of the world? Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   end of the world? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:09 am

Wow... I didn't know they predicted that. That's even scarier!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

end of the world? Empty
PostSubject: Re: end of the world?   end of the world? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

end of the world?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Order :: Spence-
Jump to: