The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What themes are there throughout the series??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

What themes are there throughout the series?? Empty
PostSubject: What themes are there throughout the series??   What themes are there throughout the series?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:19 pm

I have to do an English assignment. SadSadSadSad and I have to find "themes" in these books, throughout the series. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

What themes are there throughout the series?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What themes are there throughout the series??   What themes are there throughout the series?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:28 pm

Ahh, English how I lothe thee. (I'm stuck in AP Language and Compisition, ach!)

The obvious one:Friendship: How Gemma, Ann, Fee, and Pip's relationship grows and changes throughout the series.

The coming of age: The girls approach adulthood in a world where their future is decided for them, but they mature themselves how they want. (ex. Gemma=University in America, Fee=Model in Paris, Ann=Actress, Pippa=the afterlife)

Love: Gemma/Simon, Gemma/Kartik, Fee/Pip, Fee/Ithal. No matter how bad or good the relationship was, it happened.

Death: It plays a major role here (Mary Dowd aka Virgina Doyle, Kartik, Pippa, Ms. McCleethy, Eugena Spence,...?(gah, I haven't touched these books in a long time) If these people didn't die, the whole series would be different.

Hope I helped Smile
Back to top Go down

What themes are there throughout the series??
Page 1 of 1