The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How likely is it?

Go down 
+8
Lady of Shalott
lunarox142
melanie
great&terriblebeauty
flying free fee
Opaltear
Lady Hope
anna isilee
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

How likely is it that Gemma and Kartik will get together?
Yes, very likely.
How likely is it? I_vote_lcap77%How likely is it? I_vote_rcap
 77% [ 10 ]
No, the chances are very slim.
How likely is it? I_vote_lcap15%How likely is it? I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
I have no idea.
How likely is it? I_vote_lcap8%How likely is it? I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
anna isilee

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 9:44 pm

Okay, I need some more people's opinion on this. How likely is it that Libba will put Gemma and Kartik together in the end. Some books are very predictable and could be answered by themselves, but I have not clue on this one. It seems like Libba isn't the most happily ever after author. So what are your ideas. Do you think it will happen? I would appreciate the feedback. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lady Hope
In the Gardens
Lady Hope

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:04 pm

Aww I feel bad that for you, since you havent gotten any replies. Well this is one but it wont be any help cuz i cant answer your question.

I finished reading TSFT... have you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.almost-famous01.piczo.com
Opaltear
At Pippa's Grave
Opaltear

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 7:34 pm

Ok, if Gemma doesnt end up with Kartik anytime, i will cry. I love him! lol
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 9:10 am

Have you read The Sweet Far Thing, Opaltear? If you haven't, that's where you find out whether or not they get together. Wink
Back to top Go down
Opaltear
At Pippa's Grave
Opaltear

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:29 pm

I have read it, but i think that they should get together anyways...and anyways, i did cry at the end of the book. It was so sad.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:56 am

yeah, I think there should be a seperate book made just for the purpose of gemma and kartik being together.

probability of that happening? zero to none. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://theorder.forumotion.net
Opaltear
At Pippa's Grave
Opaltear

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 3:26 pm

Yah...when i think about them not being together... Crying or Very sad I just ant finish that sentance.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:58 pm

Sad No

makes me so sad!!
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:26 pm

I got all choked up like no!! =[
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:42 pm

the tears started welling
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:45 pm

totally. I hate when people don't end up together. =[
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:50 pm

I know, right?

ticks me off.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Opaltear
At Pippa's Grave
Opaltear

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 11:33 am

Yah, makes me all sad inside and usually i throw a fit and everyone gets mad at me. Smile
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:24 pm

I kind of like it. Something I love about Libba is how her books are so real. Like, even though they're about a psychic girl in the 1890s who can access a secret world and bring magic into her school, etc. she writes it as though it could actually happen. And in life, the right people don't always get together at the end as much as we want them to.

*Puts up sheild quickly*
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:05 pm

No fee, I totally agree with you.

BUT I still would have loved for them to get together. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:11 pm

I cried so much, the last 50 pages of my book were all wrinkled from my tears. I was sobbing. I had to keep wiping my eyes just so I could read more so that I would start crying again. I think some how they will get together. Even if it is not till the after life, I believe that there is no other way.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:16 pm

I sure hope so...
Back to top Go down
Lady of Shalott
Getting Lost in the Realms
Lady of Shalott

Location : Sitting alone in my room trying to make the door of light appear

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:57 pm

I agree with fee! When I read TSFT I was happy that the ending wasn't as cliche as I expected it would be. Still, I felt sorry for Gemma. I know it might sound wierd that I felt sad for a fictional character, but I'm sure most of us get emotionally involved with the books we read. Very Happy I think the most disapointing part of the ending is the idea that Gemma will end up marrying someone she could never love as much as Kartik. Sad
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:42 pm

I don't think it is at al weird feeling sad for fictional character. You should see my copy TSFT. All the pages towards the end are wrinkly because I was crying so much.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:51 pm

I do feel sorry for Gemma. I started crying as soon as Gemma gave Circe her spot on the barge. I kind of like Circe, even though she's evil, because without her, Gemma would have died. How many people here kind of, in a way, like Circe?
anyway, I like the way Libba didn't make the ending all cliche.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Felicity Worthington wrote:
I kind of like Circe, even though she's evil, because without her, Gemma would have died. How many people here kind of, in a way, like Circe?

I actually like her, because as far as villains go, she was pretty likeable.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:24 pm

blue_panda_41295 wrote:

I actually like her, because as far as villains go, she was pretty likeable.

I know, she's not like Voldemort or Victoria, she's someone that you can understand and develop some pity for.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:49 pm

Ya, she definitely is one you have to think about, one you have to form an opinion about. She's not just out to kill everyone, she's got deeper issues personalities.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:08 pm

Is-sues...

Haha, sorry, couldn't resist. tongue

Yeah, I know what you mean. I often found myself wondering if she was brave or if she was even really that bad. In fact, I got mad at Gemma more than once. I thought she should have just shared the magic with her friends rather than making alliances with all the greedy forest folk. And Circe had a few good points about how ridiculous the Order actually was. She kind of reminds me of Satan in Paradise Lost. After having it mentioned in so many books (I think she even related it to something in RA), I finally went out and bought it and I can't help but feel like maybe rebellion is not so awful. Granted, she did kill people, but her friend was a goody-two-shoes and no one cared how she felt.

Wow, I can't believe I just said goody-two-shoes... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:37 pm

I just had an epiphany today...

We're learning about Greek Mythology in English, and I think Libba might've based some points in the books off of them, tell me what you think:

We all know Pippa - Ate berries, then HAD to stay in the realms

Persephone, a daughter of some goddess, was trapped in the underworld with Hades, ate a pomegranate and was stuck there for 6 months of every year, it's why we have seasons.

Dang it... There's more, but I can't remember... i'll think about it some day...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How likely is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How likely is it?   How likely is it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How likely is it?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Order :: Spence :: Discussion-
Jump to: