The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

different TSFT ending

Go down 
+7
Shadow
ScarlettOhara
flying free fee
Felicity Worthington
Rebel Angel
blue_panda_41295
natyb711
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
natyb711

natyb711

different TSFT ending Empty
PostSubject: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:56 pm

Ok so i was thinking about tsft. and other endings it could have, where kartik might live, or somehow he comes back. different endings and i wanted to see what you guys thought. so how would you make the story end or would you keep it the same.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:05 pm

I actually liked the ending, unlike most. Even though Kartik died, I respect Libba's choice.
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:35 pm

I'm glad, I guess with Kartik's dying and such. But I think Gemma should have gotten preggo with his child, I don't know, I love some drama lol
Back to top Go down
natyb711

natyb711

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:42 am

I guess yeah, the ending is good. but i cried for hours lol, I just expected kartik to appear at the end, like in the movies. Smile
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:40 pm

I don't think the ending should have beeen changed, except maybe Pippa dying earlier. She was really selfish and stupid. I mean, she saved the factory girls' afterlives and then ruined them. I wished she just had crossed over and gotten over her attraction to Felicity.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:46 pm

Felicity Worthington wrote:
I don't think the ending should have beeen changed, except maybe Pippa dying earlier. She was really selfish and stupid. I mean, she saved the factory girls' afterlives and then ruined them. I wished she just had crossed over and gotten over her attraction to Felicity.

I liked Pippa. I think it's sad how she might not even, you know, have an afterlife. She could just be trapped in that castle forever.
And if you see it from her point of view, I feel like anyone might go insane after all that. Felicity refusing her was just the final straw-- she was her only real friend and she was choosing something unknown over immortality and Pippa. They all left her, and she was stuck with a bunch of rude girls who could barely talk in proper grammar. She saved them, but do you really think she still would have done that if she knew what she was getting herself into? Eternal doom.
The tree offered her a chance to be someone like she never was anywhere else. She was part of the realms, yet one of her "friends" was not only hesitant to give her power, but also just the fact that Gemma even had the power and Pippa didn't must have been a huge jealousy factor. Gemma also had Felicity. And life.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Yes, I can see Pippa's reasoning of eating the berries, wanting Felicity to stay, and being jealous of Gemma, but I still think that she should have crossed over right after she ate the berries and McCleethy's death would have been unnecessray if Pippa had just let go earlier.
But I see why she ate the berries. Who wants to be Mrs. Bartleby Bumble? I mean, seriously. No If Pippa hadn't died she should have gone with someone that really loved her. Maybe she could've married Tom, but that's just a crazy idea.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:36 pm

Yes, I can see Pippa's reasoning of eating the berries, wanting Felicity to stay, and being jealous of Gemma, but I still think that she should have crossed over right after she ate the berries and McCleethy's death would have been unnecessray if Pippa had just let go earlier.

Well I think that up to at least when Felicity made her choice, Pippa had hope that she might be able to keep her friends like before. The events leading up to that showed her to be slowly going as insane as Gemma was for a while there and when her one true hope died, she just cracked and died with it, unfortunately letting out her crazy mental issues along with the pain of losing her friends for good.
And if you remember, she did want to cross over, she just couldn't. She was waiting for the girls to return in Rebel Angels while the magic was loose and she could have whatever she desired but by The Sweet Far Thing, she'd seen the error of her ways and wanted to finally let go. Can you really blame her for wanting to see her friends again one last time?
Back to top Go down
ScarlettOhara
Going to Spence
ScarlettOhara

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:16 pm

the ending was great, i thought, because it really emphasized how independent Gemma was, how she could move on and such. and I think that was the whole point (or one of the points) of the book anyway... it wasn't just a love story. even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kartik, i really think his death was the way it had to be.

But i wouldn't have minded some more action between him and gemma... i mean, like, they should have announced they loved each other or something, and they should have made plans to be together.... idk
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:00 pm

I agree. The ending could have been more romantic, like planning the future or running away together. I love you
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:12 pm

I agree. The ending could have been more romantic, like planning the future or running away together. I love you

Except that he kinda died...cyclops
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Well if he didn't die, lol. Or they still could have planned their future but had it all snatched out from under them when he died (cue soap opera music)
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 7:45 pm

Well, yeah, he died, Crying or Very sad but what i meant was, they could have talked more in the realms before he died.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:21 pm

I kinda wondered about AFTER he died. Gemma could talk to Eugenia in the tree, why couldn't the talk to Kartik?
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 5:19 pm

blue_panda_41295 wrote:
I kinda wondered about AFTER he died. Gemma could talk to Eugenia in the tree, why couldn't the talk to Kartik?
That's a good idea. I wonder if she could enter the realms in New York so she wouldn't miss him as much.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:16 pm

Ya... I wondered about that... I kinda wonder if she just wanted to forget and leave it all behind... but still, it's KARTIK.
Back to top Go down
ScarlettOhara
Going to Spence
ScarlettOhara

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:03 pm

hahaha forreal!
you can't just leave kartik behind.... wayy too hot lol.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:21 pm

ScarlettOhara wrote:
hahaha forreal!
you can't just leave kartik behind.... wayy too hot lol.
Kartik is way too hot to leave behind! I hope she'd be able to enter the realms in New York, otherwise, Gemma and Kartik would both be, like, dying from not seeing each other.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Going to Spence
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:55 pm

I liked the ending of TSFT, which is kinda surprising cause in most books if a character I love dies, I hate the book...

Anyway, I had this huge new ending of it right after I read the end. It was something along the lines of Kartik somehow contacts Gemma from the tree and she somehow gets him out and brings him back to life. I forget most of it. lol

But, yeah! She could talk to Eugina in the tree, so she should be able to talk to Kartik!!! *gets new hope*
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:39 pm

I had this ending in my mind where Fowlson died for McCleethy and then Kartik and Gemma lived in Paris in the house next to Felicity. Then Ann became more famous than Lily Trimble. And Cecily married Bumble. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Going to Spence
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:02 pm

Ha!! That would show Cecily! lol
Back to top Go down
ScarlettOhara
Going to Spence
ScarlettOhara

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:09 pm

HAHa definitely... but knowing Cecily, she would probably enjoy being Bumble's wife, since he's rich and thats all Cecily cares about.

OMG ok, wouldn't it make a GREAT forth book (even though I know she won't write another one. so sad) if like, Gemma goes back to the Realms after a long time, and she's sort of moved on, but she goes back to the tree one last time to say goodbye. BUT THEN she finds something amiss... like, idk Kartik is corrupted or something from being in the tree. And then trouble blah blah, but then Kartik is saved because deep down under his evil and corruptedness, he still loves Gemma! so that saves everyone...... happily ever after.
Haha, ok, maybe thats a stupid idea... but still. I can't stop thinking about Kartik sometimes, thinking of how he could come back.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Going to Spence
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Quote :
HAHa definitely... but knowing Cecily, she would probably enjoy being Bumble's wife, since he's rich and thats all Cecily cares about.

True, true.

Actually, I think that that would be a pretty cool idea. you should try to make it a fanfic or something. study
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:18 pm

I think that a cool fourth book would be how Gemma's mother learned about the magic, burned the East Wing, and escaped. It'd be cool to see all that from her point of view.
Back to top Go down
ScarlettOhara
Going to Spence
ScarlettOhara

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:15 pm

hey thanks yeah maybe i will...

Yeah what felicity said. A prequel would be cool. Kinda like how they did Star wars where they went backwards. Maybe Virgina (Mary) was in love with someone else before she met Gemma's dad. Or she had a group of friends like Gemma. Or what her parents were like... ahh the possibilities!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

different TSFT ending
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next