The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

different TSFT ending

Go down 
+7
Shadow
ScarlettOhara
flying free fee
Felicity Worthington
Rebel Angel
blue_panda_41295
natyb711
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

different TSFT ending - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:03 pm

A prequel would be amazing, but I wouldn't want a whole nother triligy. Maybe even going to the future, like 1995, nah seems very, clichie? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:20 pm

Going to the future is kind of cliche and so is Gemma having a daughter. I don't know. Or maybe it's be cool to see it from Sarah Rees-Toome's point of view. Or maybe from Cecily's point of view. That'd kind of be weird.
Back to top Go down
ScarlettOhara
Going to Spence
ScarlettOhara

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Haha, Cecily's Point Of View:
"These girls are beastly and I'm so much better than them! Oh pish posh Gemma has magic, but I have a new set of dashing gloves. Is it tea time yet? I want to make fun of Ann!"
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:24 pm

ScarlettOhara wrote:
"These girls are beastly and I'm so much better than them! Oh pish posh Gemma has magic, but I have a new set of dashing gloves. Is it tea time yet? I want to make fun of Ann!"

Haha, you totally get karma for that. Made me smile. lol!
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Going to Spence
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:37 pm

omg, that's funny. And it's so true too! Imagine a whole book of that... lol!
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:19 am

Imagine a whole book from Tom's view!
"My blasted sister has magical powers and my father's an addict, but I'm still looking for a rich wife. Anyone available? No, I won't try to be nice or sensitive, I just want you to worship me because I'm so conceited!"
Back to top Go down
ScarlettOhara
Going to Spence
ScarlettOhara

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Felicity Worthington wrote:
Imagine a whole book from Tom's view!
"My blasted sister has magical powers and my father's an addict, but I'm still looking for a rich wife. Anyone available? No, I won't try to be nice or sensitive, I just want you to worship me because I'm so conceited!"

hahahah! yeah, you would think Tom would change just a little over the course of three books... but no. He doesn't even find a wife!
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Could you imagine Simon's point of view? ha!
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:45 pm

Simon's would be great! I love Simon! Love him, LOVE HIM!

"Oh, Miss Doyle is a friend of Felicity, you say? Perhaps I'll seduce her with my wealth, charm, and dashing good looks. I shall give her drugs, get her high, and win Felicity. Yes, indeed. That sounds like a jolly good plan! Three cheers for myself! I'm so billiant and good looking."
Back to top Go down
ScarlettOhara
Going to Spence
ScarlettOhara

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 5:48 pm

So was he really only courting Gemma to get to Felicity? Or did his father put him up to it? I never really understood that part...
Back to top Go down
Lady of Shalott
Getting Lost in the Realms
Lady of Shalott

Location : Sitting alone in my room trying to make the door of light appear

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:45 pm

ScarlettOhara wrote:

lol! Actually, I found a fanfic that was the ending fof TSFT from Cecily's point of view. Maybe I'll look for that again... I think it would be interesting to read something from Pippa's point of view. You'd get to be inside her twisted head. I bet it would be kind of like reading The Bell Jar.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 8:48 am

I've started the series over with AGATB.... again.... And I think it might be kind of interesting from Mrs. Nightwing's or Miss Moore's point of view, especially the first book. They all know who Gemma is, what's happening, but they can't tell her and she doesn't know herself.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Going to Spence
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:04 pm

Oh, I would love love love to read Tom's point of view! That would be hillarious...
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:49 pm

blue_panda_41295 wrote:
I've started the series over with AGATB.... again.... And I think it might be kind of interesting from Mrs. Nightwing's or Miss Moore's point of view, especially the first book. They all know who Gemma is, what's happening, but they can't tell her and she doesn't know herself.

It would be cool to see it from Miss Moore's point of view, or even Miss McCleethy's. Maybe even Miss Moore wanted to be free from the tracker, but it made her be evil and possessed her or something.
Back to top Go down
> G e m <
In India
> G e m <

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:04 am

Maybe Gem can't talk to
Kartik because everything change.
The realms are not like that they was before.
Back to top Go down
Opaltear
At Pippa's Grave
Opaltear

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:52 pm

I loved Simon, but i loved kartik WAYY more. Every time i read that book i get depressed because it makes me sad how the fictional book character will never be able to see anothe rfictional book character. Ahh life. I cried for days when he died and my friends thought i was insane. I think the book from Mrs. Moores oint of view would be amazing, with flashbacks to her childhood with Gemma's mother and everything!
Back to top Go down
Moonstone
In India
Moonstone

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 2:37 pm

I didnt think you were insane Razz i was crying with you.. :/
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:35 pm

Everyone cried when Kartik died.
ScarlettOhara wrote:
So was he really only courting Gemma to get to Felicity? Or did his father put him up to it? I never really understood that part...

I always thought that Simon did it originally because he wanted to get at Felicity and then his father took advantage of Simon and Gemma's relationship as a way to get her to obey the Rakshana.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Simon's father and Gemma talked about it in TSFT once:

Gemma: "Simon and I? Did you arrange our meeting?"
Lord Denby: "We shall call that a happy coincidence"

I'm paraphrasing, but you get the idea. Smile I wonder if he ever found out about it in Rebel Angels, or if it was mostly in TSFT.

NELL! What about Nell? With her corruption and knowing about the temple and where it is, I think her POV would be really facinating.
Back to top Go down
Lady of Shalott
Getting Lost in the Realms
Lady of Shalott

Location : Sitting alone in my room trying to make the door of light appear

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:36 am

In the interview with Libba from the back of the TSFT paperback, I think she said something about it being possible that Kartik could be freed from the tree. For me the saddest thing about the ending is that Kartik could become corrupted just like Eugenia was. I wonder how Gemma would take that?
Back to top Go down
Moonstone
In India
Moonstone

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:20 pm

I think if Kartik became corrupted Gemma would be devestated, she would probably blame herself and think that she has to do somthing about it herself.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Ya, and she most likely would end up in the tree herself, corrupted.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:03 am

If Kartik became corrupted, Gemma would think that it was her fault and go into the tree after him, and she could give herself up to the tree so Kartik could cross the river.
Back to top Go down
Moonstone
In India
Moonstone

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Ya, but she would become corrupted in the process.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:33 pm

And then we'd get to start the series all over again with someone's great-great-great-great granddaughter. That might be fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: different TSFT ending   different TSFT ending - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

different TSFT ending
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next