The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE! TREE!

Go down 
+11
Lady of Shalott
blue_panda_41295
Sorrel
lunarox142
flying free fee
reader_meg
great&terriblebeauty
melanie
Lady Hope
kitty
Tegan
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

THE! TREE! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:24 pm

I don't really imagine it as leafless, but I don't imagine it as super green either...
Back to top Go down
https://theorder.forumotion.net
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 3:57 pm

That's not what the Tree of All Souls looks like to me. haha... The Tree looks like magic in my mind. For some reason it's golden... Weird, huh? I hardly even picture it like a tree... mostly just a big trunk! I have trouble picturing things... ugh
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

Location : HUG A TREE! Kartik! *wishing it was my name in the wind!

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 4:15 pm

i see it in seasons so it could be green or gold or bare or dieing for thirst
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:58 pm

yeah, and I see it as reflecting how Kartik is "feeling"...
Back to top Go down
https://theorder.forumotion.net
Lady of Shalott
Getting Lost in the Realms
Lady of Shalott

Location : Sitting alone in my room trying to make the door of light appear

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 5:57 pm

I was wondering the same thing. it would be so sad if Kartik turned out like Eugenia and Gemma had to deal with that. Now this is a little off subject, but am the only one who liked the ending? I know it sounds morbid, but it was a change of pace from the typical "they lived happily ever after" ending.
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:51 pm

I did, but I didn't. To me a series isn't really complete without an epilouge. Did Gemma ever marry, did any of the other girls? Did Spence close? What the hell did everyone do with the rest of their lives?! I did like the unconventional not everyone is dancing with joy ending though.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:06 pm

I did like the twist on the ending... and even though there was death that was painful (would you believe, after all she'd done, that I was sad when Pip died?) I wasn't disappointed with the end. It does bother me that I don't know what they DID with the rest of their lives. Did they get back together? Did they ever marry? I also like that same thing, the mystery of what could've happened.
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:17 pm

See, it bugs the crap outta me when authors are like"well it's up to you to decide what happened". It is not! Just tell me, I need closeure! lol
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:33 pm

I'm like that with certain books, but not all of them. Some... I don't know how to explain it, it's just that way for me...
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:45 pm

i am like that too. like your cow book better be about gemma or your going to get pich-forked,
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:57 pm

I kinda liked the ending, but I wish there had been an epilogue. I think Libba Bray probably couldn't decide between two or three different things to make the ending and just decided to let us use our imaginations. My perfect ending is that Ann becomes a star, Tom falls in love with her, but she turns him away because she see how mean he is. Gemma doesn't marry anyone, Felicity finds someone in Paris, and Cecily marries Mr. Bumble. I think Cecily and Bumble are perfect for each other. Oh, and Mademoiselle LeFarge and Mr. Kent don't have any kids, but they stay at Spence, which stays open.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm

perfect ending... Kartik is not in a god darn effen mofo tree
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:08 pm

I like how authors sometimes don't have answers for things, because this way we can all get out perfect endings for the characters. It encourages everyone to use their brains and their imaginations.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:54 pm

I really didn't like the end of the 7th Harry Potter because it had an epilogue. I mean, some people die, but it's another happily ever after. In the books before it, someone always dies. Somebody important needed to die! I don't want to say who all dies, in case someone hasn't read it yet, but I was a little disappointed in the ending.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:42 pm

Felicity Worthington wrote:
I really didn't like the end of the 7th Harry Potter because it had an epilogue. I mean, some people die, but it's another happily ever after. In the books before it, someone always dies. Somebody important needed to die! I don't want to say who all dies, in case someone hasn't read it yet, but I was a little disappointed in the ending.

Do you guys have spoilers on here?

Spoiler:

Yay! You do! Awesome.

So anyway...
Spoiler:

I liked the ending, but I did wish there was a bit more of a grieving process to show that these deaths were a big deal.Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:47 am

Yeah, I mean Harry was sad and all, but everyone dies and then we skip ahead to nineteen years later.
Back to top Go down
Lady of Shalott
Lady of Shalott

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:32 pm

Tegan wrote:
i am like that too. like your cow book better be about gemma or your going to get pich-forked,
From what I've read about the cow book, it sounds pretty weird. I'll probably read it anyway, since it's one of Libba's books.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:26 pm

i am not reading it, sorry i dont read stuff cause of the author... Melissa Marr and Ellen Hopkins And Laurie Stolza are the THREE who i will do it for
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Usually if I like anything, I will go on an insane hunt for everything they've ever written, been interviewed about, discussed in public, etc.

Authors are no different. tongue

I will read anything by Libba: Interviews, youtube episodes, her blog... and her cow book. Cool
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:55 pm

I'm going to read the cow book, too. Don't forget, it's about a gnome, too. Smile I actually do read books if they're by someone I like. Besides, if I don't like it I can quit reading it--it's hard sometimes, but when I REALLY can't do it, I'm happy to oblige.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:09 pm

If I know the author, I will read a book before I read a book that I don't know the author. usually, I can get through any book no problem, but sometimes, they just drag on and on and I stop.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:54 pm

Felicity Worthington wrote:
If I know the author, I will read a book before I read a book that I don't know the author. usually, I can get through any book no problem, but sometimes, they just drag on and on and I stop.

Same here. I know Libba Bray is friends with Maureen Johnson for instance, and that she's friends with John Green, who in turn is friends with Justine...? Can't remember her last name-- Scott Westerfeld's wife.

So anyway, point is that because I knew they were all friends and had similar tastes and were overall nice people, I was more inclined to go pick up their books when I saw them in the store rather than someone I'd never heard of where you just read the back and then put it down again because usually those summaries do the books themselves no justice.cyclops
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Yeah, that's usually not a good habit to get into because sometimes unknown authors can be some of the best, but it does provide more motivation to read the book if you know the author.
Back to top Go down
Lady of Shalott
Lady of Shalott

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Usually I'll just read any random book that sounds good. I don't go crazy about reading a book becuase it's by a certain author, but if I like one, I do like to read their other works. This weekend when I was at Half Price Books I pick up a book of short stories becuase I saw there were some by Meg Cabbot and Shophie Kinsella (it didn't hurt that it was only two dollars) becuase I like their writing style. For me writing style is almost as important as the plot when it comes to books.
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:18 pm

I love Half Price Books! I love going there right after Christmas.

Sorry, random. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE! TREE!   THE! TREE! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE! TREE!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Order :: Spence :: Discussion-
Jump to: