The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)

Go down 
+9
Catlily
SunsetWithYou
MissDoyle17
lunarox142
aria
Rebel Angel
flying free fee
melanie
blue_panda_41295
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Empty
PostSubject: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 8:56 am

Who thinks she'd be any good as Gemma? I picture her more as Ann, but I'm just so happy about the books being brought to the big screen that I don't care much. What do you guys think about it?? Are you excited for the movie?? What a Face Very Happy Smile flower

Last edited by kitty on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Merged topics togetha!~ Kitty)
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:51 am

Yeah, I kind of think she'd be better as an Ann.. idk. She seems too.. young and innocent to be a Gemma, in my opinion. Still excited though =D
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Ohh, she plays Ginny in Harry Potter, right?
I don't know how she'd do as Gemma, she looks a little too shy in my opinion.
Where'd you hear that?
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 6:42 pm

Hmm, nah, I don't see it.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 2:55 pm

flying free fee wrote:
Ohh, she plays Ginny in Harry Potter, right?
I don't know how she'd do as Gemma, she looks a little too shy in my opinion.
Where'd you hear that?

Ya, she plays Ginny. I read it on IMDB and I've googled it a couple of times, on IMDB it said that it's "Rumored" but when I googled it it said she's a fan of the books and would be interested in a part as Gemma or any other of the characters.
Back to top Go down
aria
At Pippa's Grave
aria

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:24 pm

I wouldn't mind if she played Gemma. Sure, she seems more of the shy character but that's always adaptable because after all they're actors right?

It's also great that she's a fan of the series too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mayfloweraria.blogspot.com
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:00 pm

Libba Bray just addressed the rumors though-- http://libba-bray.livejournal.com/ .

She says and I quote...

"NOTHING HAS BEEN CAST. NOTHING. DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ ON THE INTRAMANETS.

It's still early days. We're waiting on some stuff. Things are progressing. BUT NOTHING HAS BEEN CAST YET.

And there you have it.

I promise, when there is more news to report, I will post it here. So, you know, if you hear that they are now reinventing AGATB as a Kabuki sock puppet musical with songs by Radiohead and Shonen Knife intercut with odd, moody images of a lone tree, you can rest assured that unless it came from this site, it ain't true.

Although now that is the only version I want to see.

Happy weekend, everyone. :-)"

Also:

"So, please don't post and ask if Bonnie Wright or Brie Larson or Gary Coleman has been cast. I don't know. (But I'm holding out hope on Gary.) Tomorrow. TOmorrow the fabulous Eddie will tell me things. And I will tell you. Promise."
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm

I agree she definitely is more of the shy type, but even in Harry Potter she is going to to have to break away from that. By the sixth she becomes a lot more popular and sociable, so I think after that experience she may be able to do it.
Back to top Go down
aria
At Pippa's Grave
aria

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:56 am

flying free fee wrote:

So, you know, if you hear that they are now reinventing AGATB as a Kabuki sock puppet musical with songs by Radiohead and Shonen Knife intercut with odd, moody images of a lone tree, you can rest assured that unless it came from this site, it ain't true.

xD

good point luna! I didn't think of that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:13 am

Yeah, I guess you're right Luna.

Side Note-- That was one of the only parts of HP that I didn't like, the whole telling not showing with Ginny growing up. It seems like such a Stephenie Meyer move to me. She starts as some shy little girl with a crush on Harry and then practically overnight becomes a popular teenager with actual personality who is not afraid of anything. It seems like JKR could have done so much more actually showing the transformation rather than just telling us that it had happened. Just saying. Anyone else agree?
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:02 pm

Totally, like I didn't see the Harry/Ginny thing comming at all! (I was a Harry/Hermione shipper Smile) Yeah, it was kind of unbelievable seeing as she suddendly went from alone and kinda alkward to most popular in her year.
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:26 pm

Yeah, I do agree. I think she might have done it like that though because, well I don't know about you guys, but until like end of sophomore year I didn't know very many people out side of my grade let alone hanging out with them, and 15 is when Harry starts hanging out with Ginny more, so it didn't bother me too much.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Well i see what u mean but still. i don't think she should have started out the way she did-- she was always just the baby sister who cried alot from the very beginning/
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 6:41 pm

OMG! I read on IMDB (Of course, anything about the movie yet is still just a rumor...) I read that the movie is coming out in 2010!! TWO THOUSAND TEN! TWENTY TEN!!!!!! TWO YEARS FROM NOW!! That's a long time! I can't wait that long. Sad
Back to top Go down
MissDoyle17
In India
MissDoyle17

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:09 pm

i dont know. she'd be okay i guess. i really want rachel hurd wood to play gemma! shes soo pretty as a red head so i think she would be the best choice.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 7:12 am

eh, personally in the matter of hair, I always imagined Gemma with strawberry blonde hair instead of like... Blood red or something.

Example:
How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) RoseM

The one in the middle or all the way to the right is Gemma's hair color in my mind.
Back to top Go down
aria
At Pippa's Grave
aria

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:55 am

really? I've always envisioned her with the one on the right.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:16 pm

Ya, same here. The hair on the right probably. Except I picture her with curly hair, so like reddish golden curls...
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:15 pm

I think I pictured her as a blend of all of those.
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:11 pm

I always pictured her as the one on the left.
Back to top Go down
SunsetWithYou

SunsetWithYou

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Well, I don't think Bonnie would do a good Gemma.
I pictured Gemma much older and taller. Of course, It's two (long ;/ ) years until the movie's finished, but still.
Her face is too broad in som kind of way(or too short).

The newest pictue I could find without a huge effort:
http://www.bonniewrightonline.com/galleries/albums/userpics/bonnie-wright-event2.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://sunsetwithyou.blogg.se
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:10 pm

SunsetWithYou wrote:
I pictured Gemma much older and taller. Of course, It's two (long ;/ ) years until the movie's finished, but still.

http://www.bonniewrightonline.com/galleries/albums/userpics/bonnie-wright-event2.jpg

Hmmm, yeah I see what you mean. confused
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:05 pm

Yeah, I definitely agree. May be she would be better as Ann. I do still see her as more of an insecure character.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:51 pm

SunsetWithYou wrote:

[url=http://www.bonniewrightonline.com/galleries/albums/userpics/bonnie-wright-event2.jpg
http://www.bonniewrightonline.com/galleries/albums/userpics/bonnie-wright-event2.jpg[/quote[/url]]

I see what you mean too... hmm...
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:52 pm

lunarox142 wrote:
Yeah, I definitely agree. May be she would be better as Ann. I do still see her as more of an insecure character.

Ann... Ya, she'd be a good Ann. She looks a little insecure sort of... And I can't picture Ann super-ugly, but not a beauty, like Pippa. Bonnie isn't a Pippa, but she's decent looking. She'd be a good Ann.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Order :: Spence :: Discussion-
Jump to: