The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)

Go down 
+9
Catlily
SunsetWithYou
MissDoyle17
lunarox142
aria
Rebel Angel
flying free fee
melanie
blue_panda_41295
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:30 pm

But she has red hair. tongue
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:46 pm

Eh, those things can be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Catlily
In India
Catlily

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 5:40 pm

I think emmy rossum would be perfect for Gemma. Imagine with red hair and green eyes. She has an arresting face,thats pretty but not too pretty just like gemma! Smile
Back to top Go down
Catlily
In India
Catlily

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 5:57 pm

Thus so,

Photobucket

Photobucket

I always imagined Kartik as a much daker Johnny Depp or James Franco Laughing
But my friend brought the Indian dude(his names is Sendhil Ramamurthy ) from Heroes to my attention. Check him out on imdb and tell me what you think
Here is the link
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0707983/
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:34 pm

He looks yummy, but kinda old to be Kartik.

!!

He'd make a great Amar tho. Razz
Back to top Go down
Catlily
In India
Catlily

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:07 pm

True. Thats what i thought. But the description,dark curls and all is accurate. I wish they could just spray paint johnny deep a nice brown color tongue
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:09 pm

He does look like Amar, it's too bad though that he only shows up in the first and last books. Sad
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: How do you imagine the characters?   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 4:41 pm

The dream topic got me thinking: How do YOU picture the characters?

CIRCE:How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 _41026350_narnia2_203
For me, Tilda Swinton (The White Witch in Narnia) has always been Circe.

MISS MOORE/SARAH REES-TOOME:How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Jewel-staite
Before becoming Circe, Jewel Staite has always seemed a good candidate for me, but if not her then Keira Knightley.How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 PP_080213035037494_wideweb__300x375

MISS NIGHTWING: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 StreepMeryl_Devil Meryl Streep

WHILHELMINA WYATT: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Jillhenn Jill Hennessy

FELICITY: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Tn2_rachel_mcAdams_1 Rachel McAdams (could work for Pippa too) or How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 30242 Tamara Hope (could also work for Gemma)
PIPPA: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 506x316_romola Romola Garai or Alicia Silverstone How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Clue24
ANN:How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 450px-Bonnie_Kathleen_Wright Bonnie Wright (could work for any of the others as well) or How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Normal_felicity%2520(10) Shailene Woodley
VIRGINIA DOYLE: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 554_Khrystyne-2006-natural-max Khrystyne Haje
GEMMA: ???

How about you guys-- What do YOU think?
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:06 pm

I merged topics . . I hope that's fine with everyone.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 12:25 pm

I don't care... merging topics works great!!

Fee, I really like most of your cast... I like who you chose for Miss Moore/Sarah Rees-Toome, although even after Circe was revealed and was trapped in the Well of Eternity, I always pictured her the same, just a little paler and tired.

I like your Rachel Mcadams, but more for Pip than Fee.
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:10 pm

Oh wow fee your cast is awsome
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:57 pm

Yeah, that's fine Kitty. =)

I can't think who would be a good Gemma, other than Tamara Hope.

It's funny though, because most of my cast (for me) is just the way the people carry themselves. Rachel McAdams as far as I've seen has often chosen intimidating roles, most indicated by her role as Regina in Mean Girls. And most of my dream cast is American so that probably wouldn't work out too well. xD

I have the characters specifically in my head but it seems as though no actress I've seen can be their exact look-alike. *le sigh*
Oh well...
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 5:10 pm

In most books I read, I picture certain characters, usually the bad guys or those with minor roles--The forest folk, untouchables, Amar--but not the main ones. There really is more of a feeling of presence, like I know they're there... and sometimes I see random body parts, like when Pippa is mad because she can't cross I can see her hands and the top of her head when she's looking down sitting in the grass.

And I almost never picture main characters when it's in a first person perspective, I see it all through their eyes. I picture them when they look in a mirror or whatever, and some scenes I see them from outside their body... I think I'm messed up!
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:42 am

I don't think you are messed up. I never really thought about it before, but now that I do the same thing happens for me. Actually it sort of switches in and out. like some parts are through the characters eyes and others are from a third person. idk. For me, I have a clear picture of what is going on in my head, but if you asked me to describe it to you later, it would be really hard.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:26 pm

OK... I'm not alone! That's really comforting. Smile
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:17 pm

Now I'm feeling crazy... I always have a clear mental image of every character from the main character's eyes...

Guess I'm the weirdo?
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:24 am

No, I still think we're weird... there's just two of us that are weird
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:15 am

Either that or none of us are weird because we are all weird, which would make us normal!
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:36 am

I like your logic, Luna!
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Aka... "You're unique, just like everyone else"?

tongue

I like your logic too, Luna.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:41 pm

That reminds me of the Incredibles: "Then I'll sell my inventions so EVERYONE can be special. And when every one's special... no one will be" That was Syndrome or whatever his name is...
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:02 pm

Ahh yeah... I just watched that movie on ABC Family a few weeks ago actually... It was interesting... tongue
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:09 pm

Ya, it is... I'm not really one for the Pixar computer animated stuff... I like animation like Mulan or Aladdin, like real animation. Not the computer stuff...
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:51 pm

blue_panda_41295 wrote:
Ya, it is... I'm not really one for the Pixar computer animated stuff... I like animation like Mulan or Aladdin, like real animation. Not the computer stuff...

Same here. I love you I wish they would come out with more movies like that but now everything's computer-made.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Ya, I think the hand-drawn movies are always so much better, like they took more time on it. Even though I don't think that's the case, because it still takes years for computer animation, but still...
And they're making everything digital now, too. Digital makes things more complicated. I understand it well enough, but my mom doesn't get anything. It'll take her the rest of her life to figure out how to copy and paste a link onto an e-mail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)   How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you imagine the characters?(w/discussionabout Bonnie)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Order :: Spence :: Discussion-
Jump to: