The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE

Go down 
+17
ThreeOranges
blue_panda_41295
Zucchini_Bread
Rebel Angel
Sorrel
lunarox142
Mrs.Kartik
aria
flying free fee
Opaltear
melanie
Bittersweet
great&terriblebeauty
Vee
kitty
Tegan
Lady Hope
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 12:52 pm

Ohh I LOVE The Notebook! My parents won't let me read the book though... What was different? study
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 2:00 pm

They wouldn't let you read the book?! That's crazy, you would think they wouldn't let you see the movie. The only differences I can remember (I only read the book once, will re-read somday) is Allie's demensia (sp) in the book when she remebered Noah for that brief second she thought little monsters were going to get her, and she forgot him again. Like in the way the book described her condition, it said she would put like toast in the dishwasher and things like that at first. Also, at the very end, they die in the movie, but in the book Noah sneaks into her room as it's their anniversary and it just end with her remembering. Oh, and also in the book they were apart for 11 years, in the movie it was 7.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 7:25 pm

yeah, but I still loved the movie so much more than the book...
Back to top Go down
https://theorder.forumotion.net
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:14 pm

great&terriblebeauty wrote:
flying free fee wrote:
THE SUN BLOWING UP?? THE EARTH GOING OUT OF ROTATION?? Shocked pale affraid

WAY TO SCARE SOMEONE GTB!!!

Are those likely???

probably going to happen sometime...

The Sun is a star, and all stars have to die sometime. They go out in style: Supernova, etc....

but I doubt it is going to happen anytime soon.

Yeah, Wiki says we still have 5billion years until the sun starts to die.
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:29 pm

Yes, but wiki also said one of my friends is the surpreme ruler of the world (until they deleted his page lol)
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Bwahahahaha!!
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:13 am

ahahaha

I wouldn't believe everything you read on wiki...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 4:21 pm

I do believe their pages on the history of fashion though.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:58 am

and they do have some pretty weird stuff on wiki, but, like I said, don't believe everything you read on there...that doesn't mean that some of it is true... Wink
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 3:56 pm

I talked to my science teacher about the sun thing and he was like, "Ohh yes siree, I'm glad you brought thayet up!" Then he went into this long-winded explanation about how we're all going to need canoes in our backyards if global warming continues and he ended with how the sun could die out in 60 years or less.
So not exactly something to look forward to if he's right.
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 4:23 pm

great&terriblebeauty wrote:
ahahaha

I wouldn't believe everything you read on wiki...

Very Happy

^_^
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 6:44 pm

flying free fee wrote:
I talked to my science teacher about the sun thing and he was like, "Ohh yes siree, I'm glad you brought thayet up!" Then he went into this long-winded explanation about how we're all going to need canoes in our backyards if global warming continues and he ended with how the sun could die out in 60 years or less.
So not exactly something to look forward to if he's right.

My dad told me global warming was an invention of liberal media to give Al Gore somthing to reclaim some fame in his pathetic life......wow, lol.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:59 pm

Have any of you guys seen his movie though, it's called An Inconveniant Truth It has all these statistics and stuff.
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 6:06 pm

I haven't seen it, heard of it though.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:14 pm

Wow. How'd this get started on global warming?? haha... So, I'm going to write what this forum was started for... lol. Anyway, ya! It's taking FOREVER!! I can't stand the wait! Nah, I only check IMDB once in a while, but that's all I've found for the movie. Sorry. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:29 pm

Wasn't Al Gore using a flamethrower (in that movie) to melt a glaciar?
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:32 am

flying free fee wrote:
Have any of you guys seen his movie though, it's called An Inconveniant Truth It has all these statistics and stuff.

Yeah I have seen it.

I don't think global warming is fake, but I don't think that humans have caused it.

THIS IS WHAT I THINK:

The earth goes through heating and cooling cycles over hundreds of thousands of years. Right now, the Earth just happens to be heating up, and the climate is starting to change. Now I am not saying that this is all the earth. I think that humans are speeding up the process, but even if we didn't do anything, this would happen some day.

Anyway, An Inconvenient Truth: It was a good documentry and had good statistics, and it was a good way to freak people out and make them want to "change their ways" but I think that some of the information was misleading.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:12 pm

That's the way my dad feels GTB.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:33 pm

sweet!

well, I am glad I am not alone.

Razz
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:57 pm

Oh my gosh!!! Guess what I just found out about the movie??? It's supposed to come out sometime in 2010! That's TWO YEARS! I can't wait that long. Sad I just can't...
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:59 pm

Didn't we already know that though?
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 7:23 am

2010 doesn't seem like that long to me.. because in like 3 months it'll already be 2009. Plus, I graduate in May 2010 soo.. idk, doesn't seem too bad.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:17 pm

I will see it whenever it comes out...and there will be good movies to see while I am waiting :]
Back to top Go down
kitty
Holding Onto The Runes
kitty

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:27 pm

I'm just happy that they're even makeing the movie . . . I can wait a few years, as long as they do a good job.

^^
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:07 pm

yeah, hopefully the longer it takes the better it will be
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next