The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE

Go down 
+17
ThreeOranges
blue_panda_41295
Zucchini_Bread
Rebel Angel
Sorrel
lunarox142
Mrs.Kartik
aria
flying free fee
Opaltear
melanie
Bittersweet
great&terriblebeauty
Vee
kitty
Tegan
Lady Hope
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
ThreeOranges
In India
ThreeOranges

A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:30 pm

If AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH was a bit long and boring for you (it was for me) try a documentary called THE 11TH HOUR (2007, narrated by Leonardo diCaprio). It's far more accessible than Al "Powerpoint" Gore, and far more scary.

Because yes, the Earth *does* go through cycles, but you can't just tell me it's coincidence that this global heating has coincided with human overpopulation/over-pollution. We need to make changes now for the sake of future generations.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

Location : HUG A TREE! Kartik! *wishing it was my name in the wind!

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 3:27 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0833962/
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:44 pm

*sigh* global warming is just the earth returning to its origional temperature before the last ice age and since no humans were recording this, we don't know what that temp was. Not saying we don't have any green house gasses, but um, it's been blown way out of proportion....just sayin.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:46 pm

okay A) stay on topic
B) there is MOVIE NEW!
Back to top Go down
Rebel Angel
Binding the Magic
Rebel Angel

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:57 pm

Haham sorry, I'm a political geek. 'Neways, ah I'm excited for it, I wish it was a bigger phenomonan though, somthing that would lead to midnight parties for the release, ya know?
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:21 pm

Emma.Rai wrote:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0833962/

I think that Bri Larson is a good choice for Fee!

but that is about it.

X/
Back to top Go down
https://theorder.forumotion.net
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:39 pm

I think Pipa and Anne should swich. Anne is beaurfuil and Pippa is ugly
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:44 pm

I remember that Lalaine chick from Lizzie McGuire. Idk, I'm not really satisfied with any of them.. but atleast they haven't tried to get Hilary Duff >.>;
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:31 pm

OH MY f**king GOD I LOVE CARA DELIZIA SHE'S FROM MY FAVORITE SHOW WHEN I WAS LITTLE CALLED SO WEIRD AND I'VE BEEN CHECKING HER IMDB EVERY MONTH TO SEE IF THERE'S ANYTHING NEW AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVES IT. LOVEITLOVEITLOVEIT.

*calms down*

Except Pippa. Ew. She doesn't look good for Pippa. But just OMG ON THE REST!!!!!
Back to top Go down
aria
At Pippa's Grave
aria

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 5:10 pm

I agree GTB, I think they made a good choice for Felicity. I know what you mean Fee, I can not see Lalaine playing Pippa. She's forever embedded in my mind as 'the girl from Lizzie McGuire'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mayfloweraria.blogspot.com
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 3:51 pm

yup.

I didn't even remember her name was lalaine...I just knew her as the girl who was Lizzie's best friend and the girl who sang the Cruella Deville song on Disney channel
Back to top Go down
https://theorder.forumotion.net
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:20 pm

Wait... I haven't been paying attention, and I looked on IMDB, but from what I've been reading, it looks like you're talking about how they've already CHOSEN the characters. Are you just making more suggestions, or are you serious. Smile I'm so confused!

EDIT:

WAIT! I googled it and I see what you're all talking about... I hope it's a rumor! I don't know that I want Disney actresses playing them all, but you never know. They might surprise you. Brie Larson as Fee though... I'm not sure about that.

In fact, I don't like Brie Larson as Felicity. Brie Larson is really pretty and talented... she's just... not... FEE.

Last edited by blue_panda_41295 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Catlily
In India
Catlily

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:45 pm

Hear thee hear thee! As you know,i think EMMY ROSSUM from phantom of the opera would be awesome for the part of Gemma!
And Steven Strait is yummy! Excellent choice! he has the whole mysterious thing going for him although i wish he looked more indian. haha. I think it would be an insult to kartik if they did not cast someone somewhat Indian looking

Last edited by Catlily on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Catlily
In India
Catlily

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:47 pm

I also think Blake lively is good for Fee
Back to top Go down
Catlily
In India
Catlily

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:51 pm

I take back the thing about steven strait. Just looked at some pictures on this forum and he looks perfect.

About the movie concept, I hope they dont completley f**k it up like some of the harry potter movies and they ten dot do that alot, but im also super excited!
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Ya, I can't wait for it! Emmy Rosum... Hmm... Not my first choice, but she's much better than Brie Larson might be.
Back to top Go down
Catlily
In India
Catlily

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 6:08 pm

NO, i mean Emmy Rossum for Gemma. Sorry. And blake lively for fee
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 7:57 pm

Catlily wrote:
NO, i mean Emmy Rossum for Gemma. Sorry. And blake lively for fee

Ya, I know what you meant... haha, I know it doesn't sound that way, though. I meant she'd be good, better than Brie Larson would be... I kind of compared the characters in an interesting way, you know? I mean, she'd be better for Gemma than Brie Larson for Fee. Blake Lively would be OK for Fee... I don't know, none of the more recent actresses have the right look for any of the characters, I don't know why, they just don't seem to look "Victorian Era" enough for me.
Back to top Go down
> G e m <
In India
> G e m <

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:40 am

I want Romola Garai for Fee
I think she is perfect .
I saw her in the film Daniel Deronda.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:00 pm

She seems to be the favorite for Fee. I've never seen her in anything, but if I had my choice, it'd be an unknown. I'd love for every main character to be an unknown.
Back to top Go down
Lady of Shalott
Getting Lost in the Realms
Lady of Shalott

Location : Sitting alone in my room trying to make the door of light appear

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:25 pm

My friend and I were thinking Claire Danes should be in it. I think maybe Miss Moore/Circe would be a good role for her. Felicity says she should play Gemma's mom.
Back to top Go down
> G e m <
In India
> G e m <

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:40 am

Do you hear when the film maybe come
out now or something other?
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:28 pm

It's supposed to come out in 2010 - a Whole other year!!!! Ahh I'm going to go crazy from the wait! Although, my friend and I were talking, and I think that the movies will be REALLY REALLY scary, especially the second and third... Especially the tree girls in white and Nell *shudders* Maybe it's good I have to wait!

I was thinking, Brittany Snow for Fee? Anyone? Anyone?

If I can get the stupid picture to come up....

A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Brittany_snow_206_wenn1460966

EDIT: YAYAYAYAY!!! I did it! After like 5 tries, I did it! I'm so skilled, I'm gonna add another one!!!

A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Hairspray%20-%2015%20-%20Brittany_Snow
Back to top Go down
For They Must Have Hope
In India
For They Must Have Hope

Location : On the couch trying to call up the majic and make the realms appear

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:05 am

kitty wrote:
I have a feeling that the movie is going to be on hold until the books become more mainstream. Which really sucks cow eggs Wink

I know! i hate that. I read the book when it first came out, now everyones all like oooh a great and terible beauty. I am scared that its going to become like Twilight... Way over hyped and just for money. Even though I am looking forward to the moviie.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:47 pm

For They Must Have Hope - I do indeed adoringly ADORE your picture. That's one of my favorite quotes. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE   A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY, THE MOVIE
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7