The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)

Go down 
+13
flying free fee
great&terriblebeauty
lunarox142
melanie
Tegan
Lady Hope
Vee
hayweh
Rhawneh
Natalie
kitty
emiie109
librarybooks
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:20 pm

And especially with TSFT, I liked how long it was. I kept expecting to be over soon, and then I would realize I was only half done and I was like "Yes!", cause I never wanted it to end. However I was absolutely heart-broken when it did.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:04 pm

Yeah but I love emotional books. Even if something makes me scream/chuck the book across the room, I have so much respect to the author for dictating my feelings so easily. It takes a lot of work to make someone cry, or even make them mad, and to be able to do that with a simple pen and paper is just amazing.
Back to top Go down
lunarox142
Binding the Magic
lunarox142

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:47 pm

Exactly, the books I get really attached are always my favorite. So much of the time there is this indescribable feeling, like I never want to leave the book, that I get when I read, and this series was definitely one of those.
Back to top Go down
melanie
Member of the Order
melanie

Location : At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss." It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You can not read Loss, only feel it.

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 4:10 am

agreed.
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:26 pm

I love books that make me really attached.

I just finished reading My Sisters Keeper and I was audibly sobbing at the end. I cried for the last 100 pages straight.

it was great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://theorder.forumotion.net
Tegan
In the tent with Kartik
Tegan

Location : HUG A TREE! Kartik! *wishing it was my name in the wind!

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:27 pm

lol i kinda of want to read my sisters keeper
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:44 pm

read it.

you will not regret it!
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:05 pm

I actually just finished reading The Sweet Far Thing for the second time today. WOW! It's taken my breath away twice now! I've never been so attached to a series that I almost cried at the happy ending because it meant that this would be the end, there would be no more Gemma, Felicity and Ann. OH! An let's not forget Pippa and Kartik. It seems to me that all of the characters are real, I've grown so attached to them!

****SPOILER*****

So when Miss McCleethy, Pippa, Kartik, and even Mother Elena met their end, I couldn't help but feel sad that the journey was over. No more fighting the Winterlands creatures. No more Circe. None.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:12 pm

Actually, I was thinking just barely, in all series, SOMEONE has to die. I was surely expecting Pippa dying in one way or another, with her corruption and all. But in all books, just one good guy that you simply love has to meet an end. (At least Kartik's wasn't tragic, he went willingly) In books I've read where EVERY ONE of the characters has made it out of impossible situations alive, I just think a lot less of it. It just doesn't seem right that they can win and triumph without losing something. (That's why I was EXTREMELY dissappointed with Breaking Dawn)
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:24 am

Agreed.

may I just call you BP? for short, instead of typing out blue_panda_41295?
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:11 pm

I agree with you BP. (see, it's catching on already Razz afro )

That's the reason I dislike Twilight too, because there's little to no conflict at all in any of the books-- the entire thing is just Bella and Edward up on cloud 9. Seriously.

Great parody: http://shinga.livejournal.com/478415.html

Or check out xlormp:
http://xlormp.livejournal.com/profile

Hehe, sorry about all the random off-topicness. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:38 pm

ahahaha

those are so funny!
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:00 pm

Xlormp <3
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 4:28 pm

ahahahahah
Back to top Go down
Most High
In India
Most High

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:51 pm

i loved the last book and intend to read it again but holy cow it was SAAD!!! i balled(seriously) when kartik died!! i cried myself to sleep when i finished it! no kidding!! i loved it but it was incredibly awful to have karik die!!
Back to top Go down
great&terriblebeauty
Dancing under the stars
great&terriblebeauty

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:52 pm

Agreed! It was so sad!!!
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 7:06 pm

I thought someone would have to die, I mean almost in every book series now has someone die in it. I just didn't want it to be Kartik! Die, Fowlson, Die!!! I didn't want McCleethy to die, even though she wasn't that good of a character. I don't think she should write anymore books, also. Most books that do have extra books get overstretched and tiring after a while. Besides, a book without Kartik! Crazy!
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 7:08 pm

I also think Libba did a good job with the whole madness thing. It kind of freaked me out the first time I read it, but it ended okay, I guess.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:26 am

The way I deal with the Kartik loss is that in my mind, they had sex in the realms, Gemma got pregnant and Kartik lived on in her child.

That is my fantasy ending. That is what I say happened and that is what did happen. In my mind. tongue
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:03 pm

LOL. I think Gemma would be too young to have Kartik's baby. If Libba Bray were to write a sequel, I think it should be that Gemma somehow is transported back in time by some realms' magic to when her mother was killed and could do it all over again, but still remembering doing it before. She should, like, go to the Tree of All Souls and put Simon or Pippa into the tree and get Kartik out. Pippa just needed to die sooner in the third book. She was annoying.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Put SIMON in the tree?!?!? You're nuts! While I still hated Kartik, Simon was my boyfriend!

Me and my friend are losers and we talk about going back to London, then to Spence through that door in the East Wing to get the magic from Gemma and Kartik in the tree (Gemma went to live with him) and they love us so much so we get lots of power... We're SUCH losers...
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Haha. If you manage to do that, I'd join you guys. Losers unite! tongue
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:21 pm

All right! I'll call you when it's all set to go. Smile
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:42 pm

I'd gladly come! UR You're right. Simon's too..innocent, I guess, to go into the tree, even though he got Gemma drunk off that green stuff.

Last edited by kitty on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No No NetSpeak)
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:04 pm

Ya, and he and Lucy are PERFECT for eachother, they just are.

Kitty, I loved your reason for editing, "No No Netspeak" lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next