The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order

This is The Order. A fansite for the book A Great And Terrible Beauty.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)

Go down 
+13
flying free fee
great&terriblebeauty
lunarox142
melanie
Tegan
Lady Hope
Vee
hayweh
Rhawneh
Natalie
kitty
emiie109
librarybooks
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:58 pm

Simon and Lucy will be good together. They'l have perfect little children and maybe Mrs. Denby will stop being so nasty.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:37 pm

Did you guys see Felicity and Pippa's relationship coming? It just completely surprised me. I didn't like that twist, but it explained why Felicity wanted to live in Paris without her parents.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:19 pm

I didn't see it, nor did I like it. It does explain why she wanted to live in Paris, but I mean, even if you WEREN'T gay, wouldn't you want to live there without your parents? Like going away to college.
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:03 pm

I feel like the relationship was definately emphasized in The Sweet Far Thing, but I definately didn't see it coming before that.

Like for the whole "Oh Pip, I never ordered you about!" thing, it was like... Um. Yeah you did, don't kid yourself. Pippa did anything to please Felicity and there were plenty of times when it seemed she was pressured into something under the threat of losing Felicity's friendship. Though it wasn't a "do this/do that" kind of relationship, it didn't seem entirely blissful and independent either.

I feel like Libba just wanted to have gay characters but didn't know how to go about writing them. Or rather, didn't come up with the idea until the third book.
It seems reasonable that after all those years of friendship it might come to something like that, but I can't really see Pippa being gay on her own.
*Shrug* Maybe it was always there, but I didn't get it about the two of them until the actual kissing scene. They just seemed like really good friends, and it's not unlikely that friends would talk together and feel protective of eachother without being lesbians.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Worthington
At Pippa's Grave
Felicity Worthington

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 3:34 pm

I thought for a little bit, that Libba was considering puttingFelicity and Gemma together becaue Gemma said stuff like "a beautiful S of a girl" and "her strange beauty at its most seductive." That would have been weird.
Back to top Go down
blue_panda_41295
Macbeth
blue_panda_41295

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:43 pm

Ya, she did call Felicity pretty and beautiful and all, but I think that was out of jealousy. You do kinda think that way about other girls sometimes, when you're jealous, you know?
Back to top Go down
flying free fee
Macbeth
flying free fee

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:55 pm

For me, Felicity/Gemma seems like a kind of Buffy/Willow relationship. Like, I could see it happening, I really could, but I just know that it won't because that's the way fictional characters work. tongue
Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
For They Must Have Hope
In India
For They Must Have Hope

Location : On the couch trying to call up the majic and make the realms appear

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:01 am

I sobbed four three hours non stop. When Kartik got into the tree. I liked it though. It gave it a an emotional feel. But I must admit I was hoping for a happy ending. Its just the whole series they talked about having hope and freedom. But they never really got those did they? I wouldn't change the ending though, it gave the book its edge that I love so very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)   The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sweet Far Thing - Spoilers (finished reading the book)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3